Zeagle Stiletto Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go ahead, Chris...say it!!! :wink:

Ok, I will...

If you are going to post a true "review" on a public forum, you should at least have your facts correct...

:banghead:

Sure, I'm open to any suggestions. My review was just that, a review (i.e. a personal opinion based on my own experience). I also noted in the review that I had not logged that many dives on the BCD, so really it is just my initial reaction. Like some other BCs, I'll probably make some mods and it will work better in the future. I did have some good things to say about it as well, but it wouldn't be much of a review if they were all good, then it would be more like.......marketing.

So what 'facts' did I have wrong? Please let me know so I can make corrections.

ScottZeagle:
Go ahead, Chris...say it!!! :wink:

Ok, I will...

If you are going to post a true "review" on a public forum, you should at least have your facts correct...

:banghead:

What is it that was so objectionable about the review?

It is fine...

I have re-read it, and maybe I misunderstood a few things the first time though.

I would, however, like to get your opinion of the BC once you have a few more dives on it!!!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
It is fine...

I have re-read it, and maybe I misunderstood a few things the first time though.

I would, however, like to get your opinion of the BC once you have a few more dives on it!!!

Scott

??

You want his opinion of his BC once he has a few more dives in it or is this a reference to the other thread where I posted my opinion of the Zeagle Brigade?

Adobo:
??

You want his opinion of his BC once he has a few more dives in it or is this a reference to the other thread where I posted my opinion of the Zeagle Brigade?

I was refering to the guy who started the thread, but if it applies to you as well, no prob...

ScottZeagle:
I was refering to the guy who started the thread, but if it applies to you as well, no prob...

For better or worse, I am opinionated and am not afraid to share. Stay tuned.

Hi Guys, seems I've almost made a few enemies out of doing a little writeup on the Stiletto. Honestly, no harm intended. If you notice, most of my 'review' was either positive or informational. I do have a critical eye to design and always (optimistically) believe there can be improvement on any piece of equipment. I guess the constructive criticisms I offered were in the spirit of making a perfect BC in a perfect world. Also, I would not have bought this BC if I didn't think it was by far the best in its class among the competition this year. I tried on BCDs from 5 other manufacturers multiple times before selecting the Stiletto based on personal fit and needs for travel.

Also, I've had the opportunity to have about 10 more dives on it since and I do have some additional insights, which I will post when appropriate. That blog entry was intended to be a timeline of impressions: First few dives, after 20 dives, after 50, after 100 and so on.... Please do not be offended Scott, I do meet a lot of people out there who swear by your products, and that fact played a big role in my choosing of this BCD. However, I am trying to write articles that will help people in making decisions about what to expect from products they are thinking of purchasing. And to some of those people, the initial impressions of another diver who bought the BCD in question may be valued in the decision process. For example, after doing a couple of dives with my Stiletto, my buddy went out and bought one based on my opinion of it. That opinion had both positive and negative aspects, but the negative points were in the context of: "if I could just adjust this here, or reconfigure that there", i.e., spoken in an air of trying to improve upon a situation. No one is going to have a perfect experience with a brand new piece of gear they've never used, no one.

Also, people's views on areas of improvement or difficulties in usage may potentially be seen as valuable information to the designers of that product when the next revision comes up. If one does not listen to the user, then how does he ever improve upon his product?

best regards,

Calvin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom