Needs of the Diving Industry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divepa

Contributor
Reaction score
After working in the diving industry for over 10 years now I have found many things that the diving industry needs. Can I get your opinion? I'm very curious to what all of you think would be the biggest need or the biggest thing that lacks in the diving industry. I hope to get some good reponses... whether it is needs for equipment that is not developed yet, communication that is not there, services that you think are needed?

Thanks!

DivePa

Customer service...

Navigation, comunications

Mitchell:
Someone to carry my gear to the water on those long hikes.

Someone to carry ME (and my gear) on those long hikes/climbs/etc :D

More LDSs that supply EANx, He, rebreather training, etc....

LDSs that actually stock things instead of the "well.... I don't have * but I can get it...."

LDSs that don't take forever to do simple things like VIP's.........

MAC SOFTWARE.....

What about some technology ideas? Where do you feel the scuba industry lacks if you compare it to any other sporting industry? Are there certain things you can find or lookup online that you can't find online or DO online in the scuba industry?

mstudley:
Someone to carry ME (and my gear) on those long hikes/climbs/etc :D

More LDSs that supply EANx, He, rebreather training, etc....

LDSs that actually stock things instead of the "well.... I don't have * but I can get it...."

LDSs that don't take forever to do simple things like VIP's.........

MAC SOFTWARE.....

Why are there so many double posts here? Two threads on the same topic by Divepa, and two threads on the same topic from Ty-Ty?

I would think that underwater communication could be something that needs to be improved upon. I understand that most underwater radio devices require the use of a full faced mask, but what about an electronic message screen that you could have on your wrist that one could use to pass messages back and forth on? I am thinking of something like an underwater PDA. It could allow you to send a message to a lost buddy, or a reminder to check your air. I would think this could allow the common buddy system to expand a little. Just an idea...

Great Idea!! keep it going!

Tod:
I would think that underwater communication could be something that needs to be improved upon. I understand that most underwater radio devices require the use of a full faced mask, but what about an electronic message screen that you could have on your wrist that one could use to pass messages back and forth on? I am thinking of something like an underwater PDA. It could allow you to send a message to a lost buddy, or a reminder to check your air. I would think this could allow the common buddy system to expand a little. Just an idea...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom