plus size weight intragated womens bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GYBUYNEW

New
Reaction score
buying my wife her own bc and need some expertise, she is a xxl I hate to spend a ton as we will only dive maybe 10-15 times a year. SUGGESTIONS??

thanks
Chris

yep - i second the Zeagle for us bigger ladies.

the money it costs you is worth the extra comfort and safety.
LSL

GYBUYNEW:
buying my wife her own bc and need some expertise, she is a xxl I hate to spend a ton as we will only dive maybe 10-15 times a year. SUGGESTIONS??

thanks
Chris

HI Chris,

We were in a similar position last year. In the end we decided to hire gear for my wife as she doesn't dive as much as me and we couldn't justify the expense...THEN we went diving...and her ill-fitting rental BC (more due to her particular 'fitting issues' than anything else) gave her heaps of trouble by shifting and rolling on its own, eventually unclasping her weight belt and sending her on a quick trip to the surface. Luckily, we were weren't too deep (11m) and she reacted well enough to avoid any injury on the way up...

Before this turns into a long story: After that, we decided a BC that fit properly was worth whatever it cost...and we went looking for the best fit we could get on a 'hard to fit' person...

We ended up with a Zeagle Zena, a great fit thanks to their 'personal fit system' and no more dramas...AND my wife has dived more than ever now that she's got it...A happy ending for us...

My wife will recommend the Zena, but whatever you get, make sure it fits and your wife is comfortable with it...it might even be worth a couple of extra $$.

GYBUYNEW:

thanks
Chris

Be sure it has the right cut. Without knowing your wife's proportions some rounder divers need a lesser sized BC to get the vertical aspect but may need longer cummerbund or an extender to accomodate girth. Just keep those aspects in mind. Zeagles build to suit may be kust the ticket.

Getting her in her own gear may promote more diving too. :)

Pete

I'd definitely recommend trying the Zeagle Zena too. It isn't a cheap BC, but considering that it's totally modular and can be custom fit easily to your wife's body, it'll be worth every cent you spend. Also, if you only dive a few times a year, and travel to do so, the Zena only weighs 4 pounds and packs up very compactly....great for travel!

I love my Zena! :D

Back
Top Bottom