• Yes

Votes: 45 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I need to try that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

owen

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New to the board. Wouldn't normally start a thread for something like this, but,
that seems to be the norm in the intro/greet forum here, so, that's what I did.
My fire ext. is ready, so, flame away if I shouldn't have...

Anyway, I'm a DM currently in the AI program and work with Blue Water Aquatics
in Sunnyvale. I'm also an EFR Instructor.
I've got somewhere around 100 dives and am very active diving locally sometimes
every weekend in a month. I love diving Monterey, and, love sharing that
experience with others.

If you think Cold water is not worth the hassel, then, you haven't been on the right
cold water dive. Monterey is some of the best diving in the world. Warm water is
nice and the tropics have pretty colors, but, you just can't beat a cold water kelp
forest.

I look forward to getting to know more of the community over the comming months
and years.

Owen

Haven't been in water warmer than 63 degrees except for the surface. Lake Michigan and Superior are always cool. Still dive wet, although am thinking of going dry this winter :D

Hi owen,
Haven't been in cold water yet. I sometimes travel to Sunnyvale on business and would like to dive Point Lobos. Maybe next time I'm out there we can hook up for dive.

60 degrees isn't very cold. 50 maybe, but I love it....

:bandit_2:
don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

murphdivers286:
Welcome to the board. I'm a WWW.
I'd love to be a WWW. Alas, I lack the necessary funds...

Hi Owen, welcome to SB, no cold water around here, gotta go north for the cold water. :D
David

Welcome overboard.

How about <40 F? (Gotta love husqvarna) Recently moved from Cold Lake AB, where it certainly lives up to it's name.

<70 isn't cold!!!

high 50's and 60's is toasty in a 7mm..

40's is hitting cold..

RocketMan:
Hi owen,
Haven't been in cold water yet. I sometimes travel to Sunnyvale on business and would like to dive Point Lobos. Maybe next time I'm out there we can hook up for dive.

I can get you into some 68ºF freshwater springs if you want, just a short drive to the panhandle springs. Come winter(Jan/Feb) you might get to try some gulf water temps in the high 50sºF.

I don't really start calling water cold until is below 60ºF and I'm diving wet in a 3mm LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom