Navy Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crimson Fish

Registered
Reaction score
I found a really great page for Navy Diver prequisites, training program, testing and training... and now, I can't find it! I'm not sure if it was a link from one of the scuba related sites, but I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I believe it was interrelated with the MILPERSMAN, but I'm not sure if it was a collaboration between a third party taking information from various sources.

It was really a spectacular read, had training tables, and all the good stuff, so if anyone knows what I'm talking about, throw me a line! It'd be very much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Crimson~Fish

Lake Muroc Diver:
For nine months, I worked at Central Command, my room-mate was a S.E.A.L., and I also worked with a Navy Diver. S.E.A.L.s are combat swimmers, usually on rebreathers, staying relatively shallow for extended periods of time. Navy divers are salvage divers who perform everything from basic dives all the way up to saturation diving at extreme depths (of wich are still classified). The training for each differs greatly, as their missions are completely different. For more knowledge about diving for a recreational purposes, the Navy Dive Manual is the best source.

Back
Top Bottom