Out of towner looking for Pensacola area dive 9/17 AM or 9/18 afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merlyon

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm a relatively novice diver (certified, 10 dives under my belt) and I'm in Pensacola for the weekend on a business trip. I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who has a dive planned for this weekend with room for one more or who would be interested in being a dive buddy. I can't really afford to pay much but I'd be happy to buy lunch and a couple of drinks for someone helping me out.

I know this is short notice and not necessarily appealing to most folks, but I figure it's worth a try!

My cell phone is 206 351 1453 if you feel so inclined.

Cheers!

Colin

Diving some springs about 2 1/2 hours away in Marianna tomorrow morning. I've got my boat filled, dunno about the other pontoon boat someone is renting. Sunday morning we're diving again, again with boats, but this time with canoes. We're getting the canoes from Vortex springs which is ~ an hour away from Pensacola. There should be a few of us, just put in your share on a canoe and off we go. Canoe's for a day are $50 at Vortex, split by whoever's in it. 2 people usually use one canoe, but we've fit 3 before...

Thanks for the offer. Obviously, I'm not going to be able to make the trip today. I'm going to see about the one tomorrow - what time are you meeting at vortex.

I'd have to rent gear too - what do you reckon I'd need for diving at Vortex springs (I'm not sure what the nature of the dive is).

Cheers!

merlyon:
Thanks for the offer. Obviously, I'm not going to be able to make the trip today. I'm going to see about the one tomorrow - what time are you meeting at vortex.

I'd have to rent gear too - what do you reckon I'd need for diving at Vortex springs (I'm not sure what the nature of the dive is).

Cheers!

JIC The bugman doesn't have web access over the next 24 hours I can help you with this question. Vortex Springs water is 68d F. I typically dive it with a full 3mm suit but my wife is a little thinner skinned and she likes a 3mm shorty over her 3mm suit. Air temps there tomorrow should be in the 80's/low 90's. Vortex Springs has a full dive shop to rent gear at. You can check out all that info at www.vortexspring.com. Also there is a $25 diving entrance fee to get in there.

merlyon:

Cheers!

Whoopsy! I had to wake up at 3:30AM Sat morning so I was in bed early friday night. Sorry I didn't get to your post before now but I just got back home this evening. Had a great buncha dives, sorry you couldn't make it!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Whoopsy! I had to wake up at 3:30AM Sat morning so I was in bed early friday night. Sorry I didn't get to your post before now but I just got back home this evening. Had a great buncha dives, sorry you couldn't make it!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it too... the timing just didn't work out for me this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to plan a little more in advance next time. Thanks anyway for the invitation!

(And thanks to Archer also!)

Cheers,
Colin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom