Frightful Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STUEY2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all,
Allright i am not sure if this has ever been done before, but this one is for everyone old and new. Experienced or newbie.

So what was your most frightful experience? I mean what really gave you a good scare and what did you learn from it?
Stuey2

I was desending on the Mizpah to unhook the line and 3 bull sharks came within inches of me just checking me out. They scared the #$%@ out of me.

cnctina:
I was desending on the Mizpah to unhook the line and 3 bull sharks came within inches of me just checking me out. They scared the #$%@ out of me.

Ah nasty little NOAHS!!!!!!!!

My very first check out, Im standing on the back of the boat seriously considering why I am about to jump into the middle of the ocean with lead tied to my waste and try to suck air out of an aluminum can tied to my back. Just then I feel the DM making sure my air was on (I thought he was messing with me and turning it off) I spun around and grabbed the guy by the collar and cocked my arm ready to... well he explained he was looking out for me and I appologized..

David P:
My very first check out, Im standing on the back of the boat seriously considering why I am about to jump into the middle of the ocean with lead tied to my waste and try to suck air out of an aluminum can tied to my back. Just then I feel the DM making sure my air was on (I thought he was messing with me and turning it off) I spun around and grabbed the guy by the collar and cocked my arm ready to... well he explained he was looking out for me and I appologized..

A little high strung there are ya? He he he

Kimber

Being pinned down by a 15 foot tiger shark. Learned to never be the slowest swimmer in the group.

Dive with an individual that panicked!!! Freaked out at 70 ft. You suddenly realize you may need to save someones life and question your abilities to do so. Training in assisting others is paramount!!!!!!!

Over the years I have had several that have caused a near suit filling from the rear. :D

The most recent one I can think of was about 15 years ago. We rolled on a vehicle in the water off a local boat ramp. I get there at the same time we are canceled by the Fire Units on scene.

Being there I decide to dive anyway. They tell me not to worry as they have checked the vehicle and it’s clear. I’m getting two hours OT anyway so why not dive.

I suit up and hit the water along the left side of the vehicle. I bee line it to the drivers door and HOLY POO BATMAN. There is the female driver sitting there looking right at me. Crapski, I wasn’t expecting that one.

How do you check a vehicle and miss the driver sitting in the driver’s seat in crystal clear water that is only about 8’ deep?

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Over the years I have had several that have caused a near suit filling from the rear. :D

The most recent one I can think of was about 15 years ago. We rolled on a vehicle in the water off a local boat ramp. I get there at the same time we are canceled by the Fire Units on scene.

Being there I decide to dive anyway. They tell me not to worry as they have checked the vehicle and it’s clear. I’m getting two hours OT anyway so why not dive.

I suit up and hit the water along the left side of the vehicle. I bee line it to the drivers door and HOLY POO BATMAN. There is the female driver sitting there looking right at me. Crapski, I wasn’t expecting that one.

How do you check a vehicle and miss the driver sitting in the driver’s seat in crystal clear water that is only about 8’ deep?

Gary D.

You Win.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom