Alone in Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal82

Reaction score
My buddy dropped out for family issue, other friends arrived a few days later than I.. so I will have a few days alone in Malapascua. Arriving in Cebu at noon 29th Sep and other friends should arrive on 4th Oct

So anything i should do an should not do on the island?? :palmtree:

Which dive shop is better for single diver???

Please help, im already frustrated since i hate travelling alone.. :(

Hey scubagal82, we are neighbors, I live in Guangzhou as well
04.gif

scubagal82:
So anything i should do an should not do on the island?? :palmtree: :(

Take a book or two
book3.gif
, suntan lotion
sun_smiley.gif
and your dive gear :snorkels: as about the only things to do are dive, lie on the beach and read. Enjoy not being in GZ, not being in large crowds of people and most especially enjoy the clean air :yelclap:

scubagal82:
Which dive shop is better for single diver??? :(

I dived with Malapascua Exotic Resort in July and thought they did a very good job. They are on the on the east side of the island just around the corner from most of the other resorts and dives shops that sit on Bounty Beach and face south.

scubagal82:
Just relax and enjoy the experience. Have you travled in the Philippines before? A little patience is always required and a sense of humor helps a lot as well.

Enjoy the National Holiday, I'll be in Puerto Galera at that time diving and drinking San Miguel :cheers: :monkeydan

Cheers,
Drew

Hi again scubagal, one more thing...your profile says you dived in Shenzhen. Tell me more, where did you dive in Shenzhen? How good is the diving? I can't imagine the visability would be very good.

Thanks,
Drew

I would reccommend Malapascua Exotic as well, good accomodation, decent food and well organized dive shop. They have a number of dive boats and their own house reef that has great variety of critters. If you like Mandarin fish and Sea Horses, definitely go on the night dive to the 'Lighthouse'.

scubagal82:
My buddy dropped out for family issue, other friends arrived a few days later than I.. so I will have a few days alone in Malapascua. Arriving in Cebu at noon 29th Sep and other friends should arrive on 4th Oct

il be their sometime in november, il be alone as well

Spoon:
il be their sometime in november, il be alone as well

is monique monitoring the Board?

i smell something one plus one being two ....

hehhehehehe

paolov:
is monique monitoring the Board?

i smell something one plus one being two ....

hehhehehehe

il be there alone, il be too tired to even socialize from doing 5 dives a day:) im trying to delay my trip as long as possible so that monique can join me. pao, she doesnt enetr the board at all only checks out the pics when i force her to look at them :D

scubagal82:

Scubagal82,
I was in Malapascua 6 weeks ago, alone, and dove with Thresher Shark Divers. I have to say, I was very pleased with the service TSD provided. They are a smaller dive shop compared to Exotic and is located in Bounty beach.
As for topside activities in Malapascua, there's none to speak of. Its a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of big cities. However, if you decide to venture out at night, I would strongly recommend that you bring a flash light, there are no street lights around. Enjoy your stay in Malapascua.
Enrique

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom