AOW and Nitrox certified!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigern

Registered
Reaction score
Completed my nitrox yesterday and just finished the dives today for advanced. (padi)
Our instructor worked it so every dive was from the boat which made life nice. Got to do some cool dives but wish I'd been doing them without one of the guys in the class. We had this one guy that was the epitome of Air hog. He finished almost every dive with about 700 lbs and everyone else had about 1500. Hell, I finished one dive with 2100 lbs!

Oh well, I still got to dive and that's all that matters. Time underwater is always time well spent.

Cheers

Tigern:
Got to do some cool dives but wish I'd been doing them without one of the guys in the class. We had this one guy that was the epitome of Air hog.

Yeah, I know what you mean, There is always one bozo on the boat that makes everybody dive to his level of ability - only the simple stuff. They just ruin it for everyone - they're usualy an AOW/Nitrox student.
Oh well, Any dive you pay a rediculous amount of money for and don't get to realy enjoy is worth it. Cheers!

If there is a hoover he should let you know especially if it is a paying dive. Then plan the dive not as a group. Every newer dive sucks aie when the start especially if they are still not comfortable. For some people it takes time.

My first dive to 80 feet dive 16 was a 1 hour car drive a 30 minute boat ride and 25 minutes of bottom time. I had a short fill but still sucked air like a hog.

My buddy just the two of us went didn't say a word while I opogized all the way home. Lucky all we had in it was time and gas.

It's a dive class, how are you not going to dive as a group?

m3830431:
If there is a hoover he should let you know especially if it is a paying dive. Then plan the dive not as a group. Every newer dive sucks aie when the start especially if they are still not comfortable. For some people it takes time.

Good for you! I ought to finish the same this week, SSI version.

This morning I spoke to my wife about continuing to DiveCon. She said to go for it.

Congratulations bro, you hit a double! enjoy your deeper dives and longer bottom times:)

The class cost 274 for both certs and the boat dives were free. Other then the 274, I paid for two nitrox tanks (7.00) to dive with on sunday since I was certified nitrox on Sat. I can dive reg air all day for free as a benifit for working at my LDS. I only have to pay for the Pure o2 that they mix into nitrox for nitrox tanks. It's not a bad deal.

Tigern:
The class cost 274 for both certs and the boat dives were free. Other then the 274, I paid for two nitrox tanks (7.00) to dive with on sunday since I was certified nitrox on Sat. I can dive reg air all day for free as a benifit for working at my LDS. I only have to pay for the Pure o2 that they mix into nitrox for nitrox tanks. It's not a bad deal.

thats hell of a good deal! i paid like $200 just for my a0w.

Congratuilations on the certs.

You gotta admit that it feels good to be the one sipping air. Head out with some seasoned mentors that makes a good reality check. :11:

As for these dives it's kinda irrelevant IMO, it was a you will get a mix of divers. As long as a diver can do AOW right after OW it will be common place. The alternative is to spend considerably more and go private. The going rate for 1:1 AOW here is $400.

Pete

Tigern:
Completed my nitrox yesterday and just finished the dives today for advanced. (padi)
Our instructor worked it so every dive was from the boat which made life nice. Got to do some cool dives but wish I'd been doing them without one of the guys in the class. We had this one guy that was the epitome of Air hog. He finished almost every dive with about 700 lbs and everyone else had about 1500. Hell, I finished one dive with 2100 lbs!

Oh well, I still got to dive and that's all that matters. Time underwater is always time well spent.

Cheers

spectrum:
Congratuilations on the certs.

You gotta admit that it feels good to be the one sipping air. Head out with some seasoned mentors that makes a good reality check. :11:

As for these dives it's kinda irrelevant IMO, it was a you will get a mix of divers. As long as a diver can do AOW right after OW it will be common place. The alternative is to spend considerably more and go private. The going rate for 1:1 AOW here is $400.

Pete

My class almost was private lol. I was the only one signed up for a while there. The only other two that signed up did so two days before the class started.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom