St johns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Gonna be heading to St.johns this weekend from Corner brook for the pearl jam concert if anyone wants to go for a swim post a msg, id like to check out the bell island recks so i might give ocean quest charters a call.
I have my Padi open water and prity much done advanced open water.

Brand0n:
Gonna be heading to St.johns this weekend from Corner brook for the pearl jam concert if anyone wants to go for a swim post a msg, id like to check out the bell island recks so i might give ocean quest charters a call.
I have my Padi open water and prity much done advanced open water.
Oh well...looks like you missed out on the Ocean Quest charter... we did the wrecks of the SS Strathaconna... catch you next time

Joe

im just wonderin if i dont have my advanced card yet will they still let me dive at advanced level.... im done all diving just not all the classroom

Brand0n:
im just wonderin if i dont have my advanced card yet will they still let me dive at advanced level.... im done all diving just not all the classroom
I DM for OceanQuest a fair bit... I believe they ask to see your Advanced Card at the Shop when you pay for the Charter. I wouldn't hurt to bring along your log book and that may help if you've got a lot of diving experience. You should be okay to dive the wreck of the PLM 27, it's only 60ft to the deck, 100ft to the bottom. Regardless of your Cert level, it is recommended that you dive this wreck first anyways... It's a very good dive... Highlights are a machine gun on the deck, some bullets and the prop is still on her.

I go out and DM on Sundays... On Saturday, I'm doing a shore dive at a location called spoon cove...there will be a large group of divers heading out there. Look me up when you get on the ground and I'll be happy to help you out and see to it that you get a couple of good dives in. 746 4407 (cell)

Joe

Diver Joe:
I go out and DM on Sundays... On Saturday, I'm doing a shore dive at a location called spoon cove...there will be a large group of divers heading out there. Look me up when you get on the ground and I'll be happy to help you out and see to it that you get a couple of good dives in. 746 4407 (cell)

Joe

Thank's I think id be intrested in the shore dive, how much will this cost to go on, and will air fills be available.. i have one tank full now but incase there is more then one dive. what level divers will be out for the shore dive i do have my open water and advanced open water but i would still call myself a newb becouse iv only had around 20 or so dives.

Edit: do you know of anywhere in st johns that sells underwater cameras im gonna pick one up this weekend id say

Brand0n:
Thank's I think id be intrested in the shore dive, how much will this cost to go on, and will air fills be available.. i have one tank full now but incase there is more then one dive. what level divers will be out for the shore dive i do have my open water and advanced open water but i would still call myself a newb becouse iv only had around 20 or so dives.

Edit: do you know of anywhere in st johns that sells underwater cameras im gonna pick one up this weekend id say

The dive wont cost you anything... but you might want to bring another tank or two...I believe the plan is to do a couple of dives have lunch there etc... so bring some sandwiches etc for yourself... I believe there will be divers from Basic Open water right up to Tech Level... meeting at the Irving just outside of MountPearl on the TCH at 0900.... Hope you can make it..

As for the camera...I would suggest doing a little research and just getting a water proof case for a normal Digital Camera... You've prob already got the camera and just need the casing...

Joe

Diver Joe:
The dive wont cost you anything... but you might want to bring another tank or two...I believe the plan is to do a couple of dives have lunch there etc... so bring some sandwiches etc for yourself... I believe there will be divers from Basic Open water right up to Tech Level... meeting at the Irving just outside of MountPearl on the TCH at 0900.... Hope you can make it..

As for the camera...I would suggest doing a little research and just getting a water proof case for a normal Digital Camera... You've prob already got the camera and just need the casing...

Joe

Do you know anywhere i could rent two tanks from? its 10$ for each 24 hours for a tank from my local shop but im gonna be out there all weekend so thatll be 60$ hah

Brand0n:
Do you know anywhere i could rent two tanks from? its 10$ for each 24 hours for a tank from my local shop but im gonna be out there all weekend so thatll be 60$ hah
You can get Air and/or Nitrox at OceanQuest in Foxtrap and also at Dive Nfld in East End of Town...

Air only avail at The Dive Center off Kenmount Rd. So you should not have any problems getting tanks...

Joe

Diver Joe:
You can get Air and/or Nitrox at OceanQuest in Foxtrap and also at Dive Nfld in East End of Town...

Air only avail at The Dive Center off Kenmount Rd. So you should not have any problems getting tanks...

Joe

Well sorrys guys didnt get out for the dive got to st johns at around 7 someone told me the shop was open tell 8 .... it wasnt so had no tanks. maybe next time

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom