Diva LX SL - Two versions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 2nd one is the more updated one.

The integrated weight pouches are the difference. On this newer on they have a quick release clip, on the older one, or the 1st one you listed, they are velcro.

I have this BC (the 2nd), and we got one of my friends a used one (the 1st). So I have looked at both carefully, and believe the design of the newer one to be much better.

This is an AWSOME BC! VERY comfy. Make sure you use the tank weights in the back. My friend had a terrible time flipping until I showed her those tank weight pockets (her instructor didn't know about them). Now she loves it.

kristi hager:
The 2nd one is the more updated one.

The integrated weight pouches are the difference. On this newer on they have a quick release clip, on the older one, or the 1st one you listed, they are velcro.

I have this BC (the 2nd), and we got one of my friends a used one (the 1st). So I have looked at both carefully, and believe the design of the newer one to be much better.

This is an AWSOME BC! VERY comfy. Make sure you use the tank weights in the back. My friend had a terrible time flipping until I showed her those tank weight pockets (her instructor didn't know about them). Now she loves it.

Great! Thanks for that info....i'm sooo excited to try it out....!!!! Feel like a kid the day before xmas!

A

The 1st BCD is was made about 2 Pruduct Cycles ago, & is not a Diva LX. The 2nd BCD is a very good BCD, my wife has one, & my mother has one. We sell quite a few of them at the LDS.

That's probably correct on the Diva vs LX.

BUT, the older LXs have velcro rather than clip ditchables.

It is designed for the soft pouch weights, but the hard weights that you use on a belt work as well. I use soft usually, but was on a trip where the hard were available and that worked just fine. You can buy the ready done pouches and configure them how you need them. Again, don't forget the tank weights.

In salt I wear 5 in each of the front pouches and 4 on both tanks pouches, and in fresh water, 4 in each front, and 2 in each tank pouch.

kristi hager:
That's probably correct on the Diva vs LX.

BUT, the older LXs have velcro rather than clip ditchables.

It is designed for the soft pouch weights, but the hard weights that you use on a belt work as well. I use soft usually, but was on a trip where the hard were available and that worked just fine. You can buy the ready done pouches and configure them how you need them. Again, don't forget the tank weights.

In salt I wear 5 in each of the front pouches and 4 on both tanks pouches, and in fresh water, 4 in each front, and 2 in each tank pouch.

I had my Diva LX delivered last week! REALLY REALLY happy with it !!!! Thank you

Anneli

Back
Top Bottom