U.S. Diver Calypso BC Inflator Replacement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfjack2005

Reaction score
Hi,

I am an old DM and have a U.S. Divers Calypso BCD that has been in storage for many years. It only had a dozen dives on it, and recently I brought it out to use. It is in great shape, except the corrugated hose on the inflator has a tear in it, and of course now leaks. The dive shop I use tells me it cannot be repaired or replaced, that there are no parts available for this BCD anymore.

Does anyone know of a supply store that I can purchase a replacement inflator assembly, or the corrugated hose? This was an expensive rig when I bought it, and is perfectly usable except for the hose tear.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack Harris

There were several times in my shop monkey days where this same situation arose. One way to fix it would be to find a corrugated hose that has the same diameter ends as the current one, even if it is for a different BC brand. At that point it is (usually) simply a matter of pulling the pin in the power inflator, stringing the steel (or whatnot) leader from the dumpvalve through the new hose, putting the pin back through the leader and zip-tying the hose back to the inflator and dump valve. There are instances there the steel leader is connected to the power inflator in such a way that you have to restring the leader and then crimp it into place, but these are rather rare in my experience.

The short of it: You can most probably get it fixed and it shouldn't be terribly expensive at that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom