Boca Area Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asp9208

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wanting some opinions on some of the Boca Raton dive shops such as American Dive Center, Force E, Aqua Logic and Dixie Divers etc.... I have seen posts for the area before but most of the information was about their boats. I am most interested in the quality of their instructors but would also appreciate information on their shops over all.

The best way is to make the rounds of each shop - they're not all that far apart and see how the shop feels to you. I'm not sure what you mean by "instructor quality". Each shop has their staunch adherents and loyalists, and for the most part, they're all ok.
Dixie Divers is the only shop with their own boat though. The boats that the other shops use are all ok.

Aqua Logic is who I have been going with, (they use Dixie Divers boat the Lady go Diver often for thier courses) the instructor I had was capt. Jerry Huber a very nice guy.
I choose Aqua Logic mainly because it looked the most professional and the operators seemed the nicest. My least favorite was American Divers, I don't know the people there just rubbed me the wrong way.
But like Tom says your best bet is to check them all out yourself.

I'm not exactly sure what I meant by instructor quality. I suppose I want to know if their students are satisfied. Whether the instuctors really knew what they were talking about and took the time to comunicate that information to the best of their ability.

My wife and I have done most of our training (OW, AOW, Nitrox) with Splashdown divers in Boynton... Just north of Boca. They have a skilled instructor with thousands of dives... He has definitely instilled good practice into our dive training. They teach PADI. Their DM is a SB member too.. ScubakevDM works there.

So as a student, I am satisfied with the training we received there, and we (my wife and I) plan on doing our Rescue Diver course with them as well... If that answers your question.

We use Aqua Logic in Boca Raton, they are fantastic!! I use to go to Force E, but they weren't very nice and found their prices to be really high. American Dive Center, I've been there as well, YUCK. Anyway's I hope this helps, the name of the owners at Aqua Logic are Darrin and Kathy and they are both very nice.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom