Lake Denton Rumors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was at my LDS yesterday, and they were telling me that there was going to be a meeting (probably county) to discuss making Lake Denton for residents use only. Has anyone heard anything about that?

I'd sure hate to lose Lake Denton as a training site. It's excellent!!!! Great nav course... great for search & recovery... etc...

Al

HAVN'T HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT IT. i'LL CALL MY lds TOMORROW TO FIND OUT. i HOPE THEY LEAVE IT ALONE.
Chris

Itote:
HAVN'T HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT IT. i'LL CALL MY lds TOMORROW TO FIND OUT. i HOPE THEY LEAVE IT ALONE.
Chris

Thanks! I hope you hear something positive... I'd sure hate to lose that place as a training site. Not many places that nice.

Al

Itote:
Chris
Sid said they have put up some road side type barriers so you can barely fit a small car through there. Basically, what they have done is closed it off to public boaters. No one has stopped them from diving there, yet. Rumors of a park type facility being built there.........just think, bathrooms, maybe concession area.........I imagine it will be a while before it actually happens. Not sure if it will be closed for diving during construction..........if so, let's hope they hurry up n gitter dun!

Lil38:
Sid said they have put up some road side type barriers so you can barely fit a small car through there. Basically, what they have done is closed it off to public boaters. No one has stopped them from diving there, yet. Rumors of a park type facility being built there.........just think, bathrooms, maybe concession area.........I imagine it will be a while before it actually happens. Not sure if it will be closed for diving during construction..........if so, let's hope they hurry up n gitter dun!

I was there a few weeks ago, and they did have the barriers to keep the boaters out. They also had a couple of port-a-potty's... which was a nice addition.

I sure hope they keep it open to divers. Such a great place to train.

Al

Anyone interested in buying a ready to go training site (60' lake with platforms at 30 & 60', and a nav course) that also has a resturant on it??? Let me know...

Scuba_Dad:
I just stumbled into the following article.

http://www.highlandstoday.com/MGBH6JVSEEE.html

They're going to open the boat ramp back up, but I'll have to take a boat to get to the training area...

Al
Oh, this doesn't sound good :crying: There aren't many lakes with the kind of vis they get at Denton. You can take a boat to nearly any body of water! I say they close the public boat ramp and allow swimmers and divers. Doesn't sound like divers were very well represented at this 'meeting'. Residents on the lake should be the only ones allowed a boat. I would think they would support that. Face it, divers and recreational boaters don't mix. A limited number of boats on the lake gives everyone more space. So, move over boaters, we're only asking for one lake, you can have the rest of 'em! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom