Blackbeard's Trip Aug 27-Sep 2, 2005 - a slideshow presentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Finally had a chance to complete my slideshow presentation on my recent Blackbeard's trip in the last week of August. One of the final trips they will be making from Miami. Commencing January, they will be running directly out of Freeport.

Anyhow, we were very fortunate with the weather. Hurricane Katrina blew through Miami the Thursday night before our scheduled arrival in Miami the following night. It was evident that there was a storm recently, as there were some pretty strong winds, and tree branches and debris to be found almost everywhere. But when we left port late Saturday, the seas had calmed and the winds died off completely and we were blessed with a week of complete flat calm oceans and virtually no wind. A week later, the area was in the middle of tropical depression Ophelia.

Anyhow, enough chatter. Here's the pics.

Be forewarned it is 115 MB in size, so a good broad band connection is a must. Download speeds may vary as there's been considerable interest in these pictures through our local dive shop's forum as well, so please be patient. The initial rush to download continues as I just posted this Sept 19.

Blackbeard's Trip August 27 - September 2, 2005

wow! thanks for the warning! I have DSL and it said the estimated time is 1 hour and 15 minutes...I'll try again, not so close to bed time...

THanks for the reminder Lisa - I was meaning to post a few stills for those who don't have the time or bandwidth. I'll try to get a few later when I get home.

A few samples for those who do not have the time or bandwidth...

bbeards-01.jpg

bbeards-02.jpg

bbeards-03.jpg

bbeards-04.jpg

bbeards-05.jpg

bbeards-06.jpg

FANTASTIC! When I get back home I'll have to try it on the reg computer...gotta see that slide show!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom