Wine with dinner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm taking the padi certification at Ambergris Caye in Nov. I've ready through the book along with the DVD. If we have 1-2 glasses of Vino early aroung 5:30 - does this pose a problem when you go for your first ocean dive? I'm a beginner so info is important. Book says not much - is one glass okay?

You mean having wine with dinner, then diving the next morning?

Nothing wrong with that.

Sorry, your question isn't clear to me. Do you mean having a drink at 5:30pm and then diving the next day? No problem. I usually end each dive day with a beer. I keep them very limited though and I'm sure to drink lots of water before I go to bed. Alcohol affects everyone differently so you can never be too careful. I never drink before a dive. That's asking for trouble.

jonnythan:
You mean having wine with dinner, then diving the next morning?

Nothing wrong with that.

I agree with jonnythan. I often have a couple, two, glasses with dinner and dive the next day.

scubabear2004:
I'm taking the padi certification at Ambergris Caye in Nov. I've ready through the book along with the DVD. If we have 1-2 glasses of Vino early aroung 5:30 - does this pose a problem when you go for your first ocean dive? I'm a beginner so info is important. Book says not much - is one glass okay?
NO you can't drink it!! Send all wine in you possession and any wine you plan on purchasing to me. I will safely dispose of it for you. I'll send you a wine list later. :D

Enjoy the wine with dinner. Just don't get plastered and plan on diving the next day. Some do but it isn't a good idea at all. Make sure you drink lots of H2O to stay hydrated and remember the alcohol doesn't count as H2O.

Gary D.

Gary, should I tell you about the trip to Cozumel in '94 and the amount of booze consumed... Led by instructors... Interesting, the trip the following year it seemed that "moderation" was the new buzz word and people thought that two drinks with dinner was almost too much.

(BTW, no chamber trips were needed on either trip.)

i usually try and drink 2 glasses of water for every drink i've had...course, that doesn't apply to 10 beers and 20 glasses of water..

that said, my gf and i were in maui last year, went out for a nice meal, and were diving the next day...didn't stop us polishing off a nice bottle in red..but lots of water and a walk along the beach afterwards and we were fine..

(course i'm irish, we have a natural immuntiy to alcohol..)

Everything in moderation.

Your posts are awesome - we're bring down some old Cab's for our 30th - we'll drink plenty of water before bedtime - remember I'll be studying a lot for the exam therefore consumption will be limited. Gary D. - meet us there and we'll give you a glass of a rare old 1978 Joseph Phelps Insignia Wine. I forgot to mention that our friend who is a winemaker made all these wines while at Joseph Phelps. Thanks for your answers.

I think it depends on person. I had 1 bottle of wine and some vodka or shared a bootle of tequila among 3.5 people the night before dive and had no problems. I had lots of water as said above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom