Venice Pier Sat. 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaholic901

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be headed to Venice this Sat. morning if anyone would like to join me. I think I'm going to try the pier this time as I've had much better luck down there in the past than I have off Alhambra. How is the hunting to the south where there was no renourishment? I've always gone to the north of it.

I would like to join you but, with Rita in the gulf, won't the vis be horrible?

Probably, but it's never great. I find lots by feel anyway. I'll probably be somewhere in Venice on Sat morning.

1 - 2' is still good viz for finding teeth. It's not too bad even at 4 - 6", but less than 4" viz and my numbers drop, although I still usually find teeth.

Well it looks like no one is going to West Palm, are you guys still going to dive Saterday? I would like to join in, if there is room for one more. Walter I dove with you and Ann in the keys. What time and where are you meeting? I will be driving down from Winter Haven. How long do you plan to dive do I need two or three tanks? do I need to bring a dive flag or will there be enough already? I know it's a lot of questions, but I like to be prepared.

tomro:
Well it looks like no one is going to West Palm, are you guys still going to dive Saterday? I would like to join in, if there is room for one more. Walter I dove with you and Ann in the keys. What time and where are you meeting? I will be driving down from Winter Haven. How long do you plan to dive do I need two or three tanks? do I need to bring a dive flag or will there be enough already? I know it's a lot of questions, but I like to be prepared.

It looks like aquaholic901 wants to dive at Sharky's, so let's meet there. (head south on Harbor till you see Sharky's on the right). I don't know what he's planning, but I prefer to dive about 100 yds south of the pier. I'll be there about 8 AM. I wouldn't expect you to need more than 2 tanks. One tank should be good for 2+ hours at those depths. Always bring a flag (I could forget mine). Bring Ann, she's always fun!

OK! I will meet you at Sharky's my cell number is 863-605-1655 if plans change.

I post on Ann's thread and see if she want to join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom