Pescador or Balicasag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be in Cebu City on the 28th of October up to Nov 1, 2005 (flight back to Manila) . Which dive site would you pick? You know of any operator who can arrange such dive trip/resort accommodations at reasonable rates?

Thanks... :D

clgsamson:
Will be in Cebu City on the 28th of October up to Nov 1, 2005 (flight back to Manila) . Which dive site would you pick? You know of any operator who can arrange such dive trip/resort accommodations at reasonable rates?

if you can leave for the day go to malapascua. if not then id go to balicasag. i hear its the most popular for the cebuano community.

bro,

my dive "school" is organizing a malapascua for that weekend... tapos (since this long weekend is looking to become a looooooooong 9-day weekend) they're taking the ferry to CDO for the rest of the week...

you want to hook up with them para at least you can do some dives with them na rin?

Jag

clgsamson:
maganda pareho yan! But as of now i'm leaning toward a balicasag dive.

wise choice, il be in cebu nov 3-6 and am looking forward to your balicasag insights

clgsamson:

It depends how much you want to dive and what you want for topside activities. Pescador is fantastic, but most operators only go there once a day. Other dive sites around Moalboal are O.K., but not in the same league. On the other hand, Balicasag is as good as Pescador, but many of the other local dive sites around Alona beach are also very good. You could do 4 dives a day there without repeating any sites or diving any sites that are sub-par. The same isn't true for Moalboal.

Topside, Alona has a nice beach, while Moalboal has none. On the other hand, Moalboal offers far more in the way of accomodations, restaurants and nightlife. It's also easier to get to from the airport. Just hop in a car/cab and you're there. To get to Alona, you have to take a taxi to the ferry terminal, wait for the ferry, take the ferry to Tagbileran and then take a car to Alona.

When I was in Moalboal I dove with Saverda. When I was in Alona I dove with Seaquest. Both were great and can arrange accomodations for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom