Jules' Undersea Lodge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessecurry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was reading through my Oceanography textbook and came across a blurb for the Jules' Undersea Lodge. After googling I found the site: http://www.jul.com/

What I would like to know is if anyone has stayed at the lodge, and if so, was it a good time? Was it worth it? And being in an undersea habitat is it possible to dive all day without worrying about a surface interval?

And I suppose as a final question, would anyone want to organize a trip? The rates seem to be reasonable for what you are getting; I was expecting something closer to $600/night. I wouldn't mind a 2-3 night stay as part of a long weekend, or possibly some time here squeezed into a Keys trip.

I mentioned this a while ago to my wife who used to take students down to the Keys all the time for their open water dives. She visited it around 20 years and described it as a box in a green swampy lagoon. You are also not out on the reef, and the inside Keys are not that inviting. It's a cool idea - a hotel under the ocean and the website sure makes it sound inviting, but I'll pass.

I have been there also ,although I did not actually enter the lodge, Tom is right. It is a box in a green swampy lagoon. You are not out on a reef.

it has always sounded neat, but at $395 per person per night, it's a bit too
much for me (even the $295 cheap version is way too much)

they have a $95 dive where you go down to the habitat and hang out
for 3 hours, then come up. that might be worth it, just to have done it.

Tom Winters:
.....She visited it around 20 years and described it as a box in a green swampy lagoon.......

Your wife did an exceptional job of describing it!

Box, Green Swampy lagoon.

Only now TWENTY years older..and it was old then.

Eric

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom