Full Face Dive Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moonlighting

Contributor
Reaction score
Are full face dive masks readily available locally either by purchase or rental?

If so, how much will it cost me to buy one or rent one?

moonlighting:
Are full face dive masks readily available locally either by purchase or rental?

If so, how much will it cost me to buy one or rent one?

i dont know of anyone that would rent these out. i know seceral places you can get these locally but they are priced $400 up. hope you dont mind me asking but why do you want a full face mask? they are expensive, not as good as you thinK, increased consumption of gas and my fav.... not DIR:)

spoon's right...

full-face systems are usually used for much more demanding applications than reef diving... very cold water, or contaminated water, or if you use communications (veeeeeeerrrrryyyyy expensive), etc.

i'll add to it mine narin...

they don't show your face... di ka makikilala underwater when your pic is taken...

they usually come in black, viz yellow or alert orange... not like other masks... mine is a real cool blue mares x-vision (like what clgsamson is wearing in his avatar)... saw a real pretty baby blue one kanina w/c i might get for the wifey... or red if you want good luck...

it's not a technical reason to not get a full-face pero you'll soon realize the value of "gwapo ako sa gear ko" hahahahahaha

Jag

Folks,

I will assume, of course, that Spoon is making a little joke above, because no one who needs a FFM gives a rat's patoot whether it is DIR, RID, or any other set of initials.

A FFM is a tool, to be employed as needed, and the reasons are many, including using UW comms, doing IWR, protecting the face from cold or contaminated water, or, in just plain recreational scuba, enjoying the picture window view.

Once you learn to get the face-seal set properly, and become relaxed in the use of the mask, you will find that you use little or no more gas than you would with a standard mask and mouthpiece. I have a Divator MkII, a Widolf, and two Ocean Reefs. I have used the Divator for 14 years now, the Widolf for 5, and the Ocean Reefs for 5.

They do require a little extra practice and preparation to use, but, shall we say, it is by no means rocket science. :D

As Mr. Natural always said: "Get the right tool for the Job, Kids!" :doctor:

BigJetDriver69:
Folks,

I will assume, of course, that Spoon is making a little joke above, because no one who needs a FFM gives a rat's patoot whether it is DIR, RID, or any other set of initials.

yup yup was kidding. anyway i found out that moonlighting uses upper dentures and was recommended by a friend to get ffm. i know that would solve his problem but there must be another way? how bout those seacure moldable mouthpieces? imho i think they would work as i know many on the board who attest to them. they would also reduce jaw fatigue when biting down on your reg.

Spoon:
I found out that moonlighting uses upper dentures and was recommended by a friend to get ffm. i know that would solve his problem but there must be another way? how bout those seacure moldable mouthpieces? imho i think they would work as i know many on the board who attest to them. they would also reduce jaw fatigue when biting down on your reg.

Spoon,

If he can use the Seacure, or other moldable, it would certainly be a less expensive solution to the problem. :D

BigJetDriver69:
Spoon,

If he can use the Seacure, or other moldable, it would certainly be a less expensive solution to the problem. :D

it would defintely solve his problem and be a lot healthier to his wallet. i deftinetly recommend he give em a shot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom