Epcot "Dive Quest"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qtacevac

Reaction score
My fiance and I recently did the disney "Dive Quest" at Epcot center, and I have to admit it was a pretty amazing. The staff was very friendly and the set up was great. The aquarium was stocked with all sorts of marine life from the Carribean, to include some newly added sand tigers. The guides at Disney told us that you could dive your whole life and never see the collection of sea life that was available at Epcot. The only draw back to the whole experience was that the dive seemed a bit short. The dive also cost $140,and $35 dollars for a DVD of the dive(no cameras allowed), but all of the proceeds go towards marine conservation all in all I felt it was money well spent. I would like to know if anyone else has done this dive and what your experiences were.

I did it a while ago and so have others.

Doing a search on this board should yield a good few posts about it.

Qtacevac:
My fiance and I recently did the disney "Dive Quest" at Epcot center, and I have to admit it was a pretty amazing. The staff was very friendly and the set up was great. The aquarium was stocked with all sorts of marine life from the Carribean, to include some newly added sand tigers. The guides at Disney told us that you could dive your whole life and never see the collection of sea life that was available at Epcot. The only draw back to the whole experience was that the dive seemed a bit short. The dive also cost $140,and $35 dollars for a DVD of the dive(no cameras allowed), but all of the proceeds go towards marine conservation all in all I felt it was money well spent. I would like to know if anyone else has done this dive and what your experiences were.

How short and why? Time limit? Small Cylinder?

I did it back in April, and it was a hoot.

The staff were great, informative, and helpful to all those who needed it.

I took a tip from the board and booked the latest afternoon dive. With only six other divers in the tank, I often felt as though I were diving alone.

The underwater plexiglass bubbles were cool... one of the small ones was close to the public viewing area, and my kids got a kick out of seeing me in the air bubble, unmasked, silently shouting and waving to them.

My children are young, ages 7 and 9, and now they both talk about scuba frequently, and I find them perusing my dive mags. I can't think of a better way to show the family how much joy you find underwater.

Steve

spectrum:
How short and why? Time limit? Small Cylinder?

The total dive was about 40 mins, at 25ft and truth be told I just wanted to explore more, and you couldn't ask for more perfect diving conditions.

my wife and myself are doing this dive for the first time in march.
I have read threads on site and looked on the net but still wandering is it one big open aquarium or are there any types of barriers.more to the point,do you get to dive in close proximity will all species.
And for any one that has dove there,what was the most exciting species.I dont know all the species that they have(although I know it is alot)
Thanks!

Beboandles:
my wife and myself are doing this dive for the first time in march.
I have read threads on site and looked on the net but still wandering is it one big open aquarium or are there any types of barriers.more to the point,do you get to dive in close proximity will all species.
And for any one that has dove there,what was the most exciting species.I dont know all the species that they have(although I know it is alot)
Thanks!

I've done the dive twice. And loved it both times.

The only barrier is the one seperating the dolphins from the "main aquarium".

So with the exception of the dolphins, yes, you are diving with ALL the fish in the tank.

For me, the most exciting species were the pair of large sand tiger sharks (8 and 6 feet). Hovering and having one swim past you an arms length away and looking into it's eyes and at the rows of teeth is amazing!!

The eagle rays are a very close second.

I would recommend it to everyone as a "must do once" dive...

do you get to dive in close proximity will all species.
And for any one that has dove there,what was the most exciting species.

The sea turtle was impressive, the largest I've ever seen. Big Tarpon cruised by frequently, indifferent to the divers.

The most exciting species though, by far, were the curious humans behind the restaraunt window :D .

Steve

Steve Egner:
The most exciting species though, by far, were the curious humans behind the restaraunt window :D .

Steve

Id agree with that, they paid the most attention (especially the kids) and were more interesting than the fish to play with :)

My wife and I did it in June and had a great time. The sharks, rays, and turtle were cool, but I got just as much enjoyment out of entertaining the visitors on the other side of the glass. It is expensive for a 40 minute dive, but you get to dive with a wide variety of sea life. I think this would also be a good dive for a new diver. Not only do you get to see lots of cool stuff in a safe diving environment, but you are not limited on air. They can switch out an air tank and have you back on your way in a matter of seconds. One of the guys on our dive was a little hyper and used two full tanks in 40 minutes of diving!

Andrew

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom