To All The Fast Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold_Under_Here

Contributor
Reaction score
I just came back from a dive today, and the unpleasant experience of diving in a group with one diver who felt the need for speed! This certain diver would PLUMET to depth, stir up lots of silt and then with their "split fins" rocketed along a line. The whole time they did not look over their shoulder to check their own buddy...my buddy and I were looking out for theirs!

Several times, we lost speedy in the silt, on aborting the dive several we floated at the surface a waiting for rocket fins to figure out we were gone...it took them a while to realise we had gone. They'd come up, we'd go back down, and they'd shoot off@!

To All You Fast and Inconsiderate Divers: :censored: DON'T DIVE

Buy a motorbike.

Go buy a scooter and keep up! :lol: Seriously though, unless you dive solo you should only be going as fast as the slowest person and looking out for each other. God knows my dad can't keep with me nor many of my friends if I was going at my own pace.

There is a time for speed and a time for slow. They just have to figure which and when.

Gary D.

A good way to learn to slow down is to buddy up with a photographer.

Rick Inman:
A good way to learn to slow down is to buddy up with a photographer.

Its also either an exercise in paitence of for the first time ever divers consider using their 12" blade knife underwater for or on something useful.....

String:
Its also either an exercise in paitence of for the first time ever divers consider using their 12" blade knife underwater for or on something useful.....
Or you could learn how to actually look around while you're diving. Get a little closer, look a little harder. There's interesting stuff to see down there :D

Yes but one tiny thing the size of a small coin isnt interesting for 45 minutes no matter how narcd you are.

Especially when theres a 400ft long wreck behind it.......

String:
Yes but one tiny thing the size of a small coin isnt interesting for 45 minutes no matter how narcd you are.

Especially when theres a 400ft long wreck behind it.......
Little by little :D

I've noticed that the dives where I spend a lot of time examining a small section of a wreck are FAR more memorable than the dives where I attempt to examine the entire thing..

Let them go. There's usually a direct connection with the speed of the diver and the speed their air gets sucked dry. They get 25 minute dives and you get an extra 30 minutes of peace

ORRRRRR...... slip an extra 12-16 pounds in their weight belt when they aren't looking. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom