Pentax Optio S4i / S5i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deur

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a compact digital with an underwater housing (one day I will buy a housing for my dslr :drooling: ). Good thing about the Pentax is the size (or better, lack of it), considering I will be using it topside as wel in addition to the dslr.

I have seen Uncle Pug's posts on his pentax, but was wondering if there are people who have experience with the S4i or the S5i and their housing.

I understand that there is a adapter that makes it possible to use Sea and Sea wide-angle and macro lenses. The S&S site points out that the adapter causes the corners of the photos to dim into black if you don't zoom in a bit. I hope someone can let me know their experiences with using the lenses with these cameras, especially on this 'vignetting'.

Last question is on strobes. Is it possible to use an external strobe with these cameras?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Deur

Deur:
Last question is on strobes. Is it possible to use an external strobe with these cameras?
Yes. You need a slave strobe that is fired when it senses the camera's onboard flash. A fiber optic cable connected to a patch covering the camera's flash will be the most reliable and serve to cut down backscatter as well.

Back
Top Bottom