Shoot a Scuba Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
scubatoys:
Well, ever since the Myth Busters when they shot that tank to show it wouldn't blow up... I wondered... How much gun does it take to rip a hole in a tank.

Thought I'd Share: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/joelarry/tankbullets.asp

Hey Larry, you guys do have wayyy too much time and ammo on your hands. Hope the ricochets didn't panic folks on 635. On the other hand, it might be a good attitude adjustment for some of those road-raged Texacans in your neighborhood.

Right now I have a little too much time on my hands with RITA taking the power out three or four times an hour. :11:

Stan

Fine, so if it attacks you on land you can use your trusty 7mm, but what if it attacks you underwater? Would a bang stick be effective? Perhaps, we can develop some chemical or electric killer tank repellant. Oh my God, what if the tank on my back turned against me!!!!

Cool experiment guys.

Randy43068:
Hey Larry Kyle (whalerKyle?) already bested you and Myth Busters. He shot a couple of tanks and got the video to prove it. :)

Yea, I saw his... but I was more curious if a 9mm or a 357 would penetrate as well.

OK but what weapon would you suggest for a rampaging Great White Shark (Carcharodon carcharias) with a tank caught in his teeth? Assuming you are NOT floating by Cable Junction.

Archer_Pensacola:
OK but what weapon would you suggest for a rampaging Great White Shark (Carcharodon carcharias) with a tank caught in his teeth? Assuming you are NOT floating by Cable Junction.

The obvious choice would be the 375 Holland and Holland with a :14: Nosler partition bullet. Never go to a gun fight with a knife . . . or a tank fight with a 9mm.

Stan (375 HH) Rambin

By the way the remnants of the eye wall of Rita is 15 miles south of me now.

I want to go diving with you guys, let's blow some stuff up..........

scubatoys:
Yea, I saw his... but I was more curious if a 9mm or a 357 would penetrate as well.
on the ammo and barrel length. The longer the barrel the better when killing a tank. :D

Even so, I bet it was fun!!

Back
Top Bottom