Made it to FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight1989

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, I finally made it to Eglin this week. Spent a lot of time already at the beach and cant wait to get below the water. Saw my first shark the very first day we went to the beach. Kind of freaks you out a bit when your not ready for it. Anyways, so far love the state and cant wait to dive.

Knight1989:
Well, I finally made it to Eglin this week. Spent a lot of time already at the beach and cant wait to get below the water. Saw my first shark the very first day we went to the beach. Kind of freaks you out a bit when your not ready for it. Anyways, so far love the state and cant wait to dive.

You should get a lot more diving at Eglin than you did at Grand Forks. The water is warmer, too.

Al

Sorry the water's not in better shape - I ordered sunshine and they sent me hurricanes :06: . My inflator and rear dump are being worked on and parts won't be here for about a week so no extra lost dives due to the weather for me. Give a yell if you need a buddy for a jetty or spring dive, if not me, I'm sure SuPrBuGmAn would be ready to hit the water as soon as it clears.

Saw a shark already eh? I've seen two sharks since I've been diving, neither was larger than 2' long... Who do I have to stab to see a big scary fish around here?

I'm nearly always up for a dive, shoot me a line whenever you want to go and with any luck, I won't have other dive plans already in the works :D

Thanks, as soon as I get my gear I plan to be hitting the water like crazy. Yea I saw a shark last week while I was swimming with the family. Maybe 60' or so from shore, saw the dorsal fin break the water really fast. Watched it swim up the shore, every 50' or so the dorsal and sometimes the tail fin would break the water. Quessing from the sharp angle on the fin I belive it was a Bull shark, maybe 6' long, but thats a real rough guess, probably was a little smaller than that.

Welcome to paradise. Sure it was a shark?
We saw a "shark" during the Summer of the Shark. This lady was freaking out that there was a shark so close to shore. Hermit Crab and I were about chest deep off shore. I couldn't understand why the life guard was not whistling everybody to leave the water...
Then after we got out and watched a while, we realized it was a manta ray. Oh how I wished I had dive equipment, or at least somebody to watch Hermit Crab as I took off for the water...sigh..some other time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom