Which Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June

Registered
Reaction score
My hubby is having a difficult time deciding which zeagle BCD he should get:
Escape, Concept II or Stilleto.
His first choice was Escape but due to the low denier, he is thinking of Concept II or Stilleto. But he likes Escape because of the lightweight.

How much heavier is the other two?

The Stiletto is quite similar in weight and "packability" to the Escape, but it is a more "rugged" BC. The Concept II is the heaviest of the three, and doesn't pack as small, due to the fact that it has a double bag bladder.

If I were choosing for myself, I would pick the Stiletto...

Scott

June:
My hubby is having a difficult time deciding which zeagle BCD he should get:
Escape, Concept II or Stilleto.
His first choice was Escape but due to the low denier, he is thinking of Concept II or Stilleto. But he likes Escape because of the lightweight.

How much heavier is the other two?

to confuse the matter even more:
he should have a look at the "Brigade"*, exclusively sold through Scubatoys.com.
It's similar weight than Stiletto, and also otherwise quite similar, but quite a bit (80$ at scubatoys) less expensive. I think it's a much better value.

I was close to buying this one, before I decided to go for a BP/W setup. So far, I have not regretted this decision. Weight of my BP/W is same as Stiletto.

d-s-f

* edited, as WileEDiver pointed out, I mixed up the names

deepseafalcon:
to confuse the matter even more:
he should have a look at the "Ranger", exclusively sold through Scubatoys.com.
It's similar weight than Stiletto, and also otherwise quite similar, but quite a bit (~100$) less expensive.

I was close to buying this one, before I decided to go for a BP/W setup. So far, I have not regretted this decision. Weight of my BP/W is same as Stiletto.

d-s-f
I think you mean the "Brigade". The "Ranger" is not exclusive to ScubaToys.com.

ScottZeagle:
The Stiletto is quite similar in weight and "packability" to the Escape, but it is a more "rugged" BC. The Concept II is the heaviest of the three, and doesn't pack as small, due to the fact that it has a double bag bladder.

If I were choosing for myself, I would pick the Stiletto...

Scott
Changed you mind, eh Scott? Last year you recommended the Escape over the Stiletto.

WileEDiver:
Changed you mind, eh Scott? Last year you recommended the Escape over the Stiletto.

Depends on the situation. If someone is looking ONLY for a travel BC, and every ounce of weight and compactability are the MAJOR concerns, I would have said the Escape. If the BC is to be an "everyday" BC, with travel a secondary thought, I would go Stiletto.

I didn't bring the Brigade into it due to the fact that it was not one of the original BCs mentioned.

Now, since I have told you all of that, I will tell you this: As things stand now, we are not planning on offering the Escape and Scout BCs in 2006. We are looking at making a new travel BC, which will probably be a mix or the two, but nothing is set in stone at this time.

Scott

Just my .02$ as an Escape owner,

About the fabric, unless you plan on making hardcore use of your BC (cave, for instance), the Escape's fabrication seems very solid.

I previously owned a Dacor BC and used for wrecks, drift dives and just generally tossed it around (within the limits of safety) boat decks, it rode in pick-up trucks' boxes, was briefly stored wet now and then, and I never had a problem. My point is, the fabric was paperthin compared with the Escape, around the bladder, straps, everything.

The Stilleto and Brigade are definitely more rugged, but the Escape is far from fragile. It's solid construction.

Hope this helps,

Cheers and be safe!

I dive Stiletto and love it. Plenty of lift for South Florida diving and it fits like a glove for my body size @ 5'10" and 170lbs. Even with 10# of weights among the pockets, it still feels like I am just wearing a backpack with a couple of books in it....pertaining to your weight question. Being in Taiwan, does your husband have access to being fit for gear? Or are you asking so you can decide which one to ship to you?

I have the Concept II Pro and the Escape bladder which I switch to when I travel. I have the best of both BCs.

I wouldn't worry about the material! Kinda like buying indestructable or bullet proof when it comes to Zeagle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom