Hacyon Warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Zer

Reaction score
Anyone know how long the Halcyon warranty is on the Pioneer wings? Are the Pioneer wings repairable if punctured? I can't seem to this info on the Halcyon web site. thanks

the zer

Mine is exactly 33 days old and I had to buy an inflator from them because mine started leaking...they did not offer to send me one for free, although they said if I sent in my wing they would look at it. I didn't want to do that because I would have to have waited at least a month to send it in due to my dive schedule or cancel dives...IMHO, I would rather pay for the inflator than miss a dive opportunity..

Send the old inflator back to them and ask them to credit your credit card. I'd hazard a guess they'd give it to you.

My stitching came out on my knife scabbard after I had it for over three years and I sent it in and they gave me a new one. My friend got an early STA-less Pioneer wing that didn't work well with an STA (his early FredT backplate doesn't have slots) and after about six months and a Cozumel and California dive trip called them up about it and upon return they sent him a whole new wing.

Roak

Maybe I will go that route then and ask for a credit when I send back the other inflator. They did offer to fix it for free, but like I said, I would rather have paid for the inflator than send the wing in and postpone my dives (I don't have a spare wing...yet :D)

I just had my dinner and then sat down on my porch with all my tools out ready to switch that Halcyon inflator. For the heck of it, I figured before I got started I would check it once again since I had a tank lying around. I hooked it up, turned it on, and...nothing...no hissing, no bubbling, no noise...nada. Guess whatever it was that fouled the inflator up got knocked/blown loose while I was in the quarry last weekend.

Anyone want to buy a Halcyon inflator? :D

I bought 2 27lb wings from them and one of them don't really fit into my bp and they allow me to go down to their showroom and tried my bp onto any of their new wings till it fit.
One question though: anyone know if have a refund policy? Since I got an new extra wing and my wife don't really like it, can I return the wing and get a refund?

anyone know if have a refund policy?

I know that EE has a 30 day money back guarantee...

For being the "Bestest-Greatest-Mostest" (according to this forum) wing out there, Halcyon's one year warranty is,...well, quite paltry :( Doesn't Zeagle, the "Ebay BC", have a lifetime warranty.

Anyway, i went ahead and bought a 27lb halcyon wing, despite the short warranty. I'm hoping it will perform as well as it looks, 'cuz it looks damn sharp. I'm sure i'll be happy with it.

the zer

Man, even the crap my mother buys on Home Shopping Network has lifetime warranties.

In a year you will be in the market for a 55# Explorer wing anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom