OMS Travel Wing / OXYCHEQ Sig 30 #

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tau

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm am deciding on which wing to buy. Inputs please:

OMS Travel Wing 32# :

1. I know it's a horse shoe design. Has anyone had tacoing problems?
2. Single Bladder? Double Bladder?
3. Overall experience? Good, Bad, ok ?????

OXYCHEQ Sig 30 #

1. Overall experience? Good, Bad, ok ????

For those who have tried both: Give me inputs on which one is better?

For all: Best place to buy either one.

Check out cool_hardware52 stuff. He's got some good things there.

tau:

OMS Travel Wing 32# :

OXYCHEQ Sig 30 #

tau:

OMS Travel Wing 32# :

OXYCHEQ Sig 30 #

from my own web-research (i.e., summary of reviews and opinions of others, don't own either one), either one are good choices. Both have inner bladders and are otherwise similar, both brands have good reputation.
I am not sure how much the OMS weighs, didn't get a reply from them. In that regard, Oxycheq was better (instant and detailed response).

So it boils down to how heavily you weigh the donought vs. horseshoe design, and maybe cost.
I think in a smaller wing like that, with (near to) central upper exhaust valve, the difference will be minimal if at all noticable.
Tacoing should not be an issue, that happens only if the wing is too wide for a single tank which either are not.

The best places (price wise) I found are:
OMS - Leisurepro
Oxycheq - Samishdivers via. ebay. Contact the seller (Kelly) directly. He'll also sell Oxycheq items that are not currently listed.
The two are a wash. Depending where you live, Tax may make a difference or not.

Btw, I personally decided for the DSS wing in a complete package (with plate and harness and straps). But it was a close call with the Oxycheq. Main reason was that I liked the polymer back plate design and some other details. Also, spare bladders from DSS are relatively affordable (if I ever need it).

One last recommendation:
If weight and price are of key concern, consider the regular 30 or 40lbs Oxycheq. It's a single bladder design, but ~60$ or so cheaper, a pound or so lighter, and still a very rugged design that will last for years.

d-s-f

Randy43068:
Agreed.. DSS DeepSeaSupply makes great gear.

Do you work for them Randy? I can see that Deep Sea Supply makes really good products (according to a lot of users on this site), but I'm really just looking for opinions on the two wings I've mentioned.

Thanks for your help either way.

tau:
Do you work for them Randy? I can see that Deep Sea Supply makes really good prodcuts, but I'm really just looking for opinions on the two wings I've mentioned.

Thanks for your help either way.

well, DSS is in California. But maybe Randy is the Ohio rep. :D
d-s-f

Just to let you know OMS has redesigned there single tank wings they're now a full oval wing. They look very nice and have little tacoing

dive rite also makes a nice travel wing called venture wing. its nice 40lb lift and its very lite and it has a nylon cover over the blader

Somewhat biased opinion as a reseller, but the OxyCheq Signature wings are a very tough wing. Have used it in Fiji, California, Florida and Melbourne, and it's been great.

In all honestly for many people it simply comes down to brand loyalty - few of the wings of similar construction in the market at the moment are particular better or worse than another. It's performance is going to boil down to the divers' skills and the way you treat it.

An OxyCheq 30lb Signature wing weighs about 1.5kg, or 3.3lb.

I have the OMS travel wing (32#) and the Dive Rite Venture wing (30#)...I love both of them equally...I'd recommend either one...

Both wings are actually doughnut shaped (not horseshoe)....

I've never used Oxycheq but I've only heard good things about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom