What to Bring..............that is the question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFrog01

Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering what each of you pack up for a day/Night of diving....? By this I am referring to diving equipment and personal items alike. And does it vary depending on where you chose to dive or what type of diving you plan to do?

ScubaFrog01:
I was just wondering what each of you pack up for a day/Night of diving....? By this I am referring to diving equipment and personal items alike. And does it vary depending on where you chose to dive or what type of diving you plan to do?

Besides all the scuba equipment I take underwater, I usually have a collapsible chair, a roll up mat (keeps my feet clean when changing into the drysuit), and a toolbox for fixing gear (i generally don't take back up/spare gear, but I can fix some of the common problems.

I also bring along a complete set of extra clothes, especially when diving dry. I usually have a golf towel for drying my hands and head when diving dry, but I also bring my back up towel in case I have a suit flood.

Throw in enough water to put out a high rise fire and some fruit and I'm all set to get wet (or stay dry as the case may be).

Underwater, I don't use a pony/spare air; I usually bring at least one cutting tool, usually three (knife, scissors, and z-knife); If I take a light, I'll bring at least two; I'll also wear two computers/bottom timers; I also have a whistle. I had a compass until recently, so lately I've been sharpening my homing pigeon sense of navigation- I can tell when I'm lost. When I dive dry, I also have a liftbag and spool.

Most of this is pretty standard regardless of the dive site- Yes I even take the chair to the boat dives- in case the waves are too big, we go to the quarry. I generally take less (no light, one knife, no liftbag) when I dive the BC with a single tank. Usually, these dives are open water and shallow. Pretty much everything goes with the doubles and BP/W.

Hmmm....
1) Gear for four people in Sterilite boxes. Air tanks, Save-A-Dive kit, boat bags (if needed) or luggage cart (used this summer at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea for easy tank transport to beach.)
2) Small ice chest with cola, water, sandwich items. Also fruit, other snacks, bread, paper towels, trash bags.
3) A couple of folding chairs and a tarp.
4) Our daughters usually are our DJs.
5) Some idea where we can get air fills and barbeque.
6) The first aid kit must have sunscreen and bug repellent, Sea Gold and Swimmer's Ear. Sudafed and Claritin also help.
7) The ability to swap stories with other divers about the local conditions, visibility, flora and fauna, other notable sites, etc.
8) Somebody willing to stay awake on the drive home.
9) Somebody also willing to rinse the gear and put it away.
10) Most important -- a sense of humor :D

i always pack my gear when its dry. night before i dive my stuff all packed from when it was dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom