St Tropez?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingMonkey

Reaction score
I'm studying for the semester in England and found out I might have the chance to go to St Tropez in the next month or so. Was curious about the diving there. I have a limited budget (this exchange rate is bruuuutal), so if I dive at all I'd like to make sure it's somewhere worth the money. If you have any experience with the area, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much

Monica

Hello Monica

There are severals nice diving site in the bay of St Tropez and there are two main wrecks outside the bay :
- Rubis : a submarine (depth 40m)
- Togo : a big cargo wreck (depth between 52 and 60m)

The dive should cost around 35€.
But there are not so many fishes in winter.
I don't know where you are diving usualy but, even if the Med sea can be beautiful, it's not a tropical sea with so many colourful flora and fauna.

Diving in France you need a medical certificate of less than a year old. To dive there you need a CMAS qualification or its equivalent. PADI AOW and above is 2 star so 20m without a giude and 40m max. To do the Togo you need CMAS 3*....

From St T there is good diving west or east. The classic med wrecks (as above - Rubis Togo Donator Grec etc etc) are east of you, or west is Marseille and some others including Cousteau's favourite the Dalton.

Whatever your qual level make sure you have the medical cert and ideally insurance (DAN is OK) and you will have a great time. A UK medical cert is recognised in France so get one there before you go.

Chris

you should go to Port cros and dive the national park. The better spot is called " La gabiniere " . I was ther last week and there is a lot of very big groupers, murray and a school of something like 300 barracudas.
Best thing for you, is probably to go to Hyeres city and dive with Plongee passion. They do a Port Cros day ( 2 dive s) on Thursday most of the time. 2 dives are 65 Euros. Take a lunch with you ; To eat is very expensive on Port Cros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom