Advice? 4 day trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Two experienced Canadians are looking to do 4 or 5 days in Key Largo next week, and do a little bit of everything: SG, Duanne, lots of reefs, night dives, see some sharks, maybe catch some lobsters, take some pics, etc. We'd like advice on operators, with Nitrox, and steel tanks if possible, who would be doing 3-4 dives day. We'd rather not dive with a "35 minutes and yer out of the water" operation. We'd like to enjoy the warm water as long as possible....

We also would appreciate some ideas on accomodations.

Cost is not really an issue, but we don't need anything fancy.

Many thanks in advance!

Steve

Diver's City in Tavernier.

Rachel

Confluences:
Two experienced Canadians are looking to do 4 or 5 days in Key Largo next week, and do a little bit of everything: SG, Duanne, lots of reefs, night dives, see some sharks, maybe catch some lobsters, take some pics, etc. We'd like advice on operators, with Nitrox, and steel tanks if possible, who would be doing 3-4 dives day. We'd rather not dive with a "35 minutes and yer out of the water" operation. We'd like to enjoy the warm water as long as possible....

We also would appreciate some ideas on accomodations.

Cost is not really an issue, but we don't need anything fancy.

Many thanks in advance!

Steve

I can't comment on DiversCity USA... yet. I will be diving with them in mid-October, mainly from recommendations from people on this board.

I have dove with Quiescence and really liked them. They have only 6-pack boats and usually group divers together by experience. They let you dive your own profile, DMs are available ONLY on request.

There are many well spoke of dive ops on this board... Blue Water is also highly spoke of. I have yet to dive with them... but it's on my list of things to do.
03.gif

FWIW, we went with Horizon Divers last week and were extremely pleased. 10 divers max on boat all weekend long. They were very professional, courteous and safe. Did role calls to ensure everyone was on board. We shipped our gear to them via UPS and they are shipping it back after it dries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom