Into the Blue Movie Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gecko3s

Reaction score
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS NO SPOILERS.

I'm not going to get into any specifics, since the movie hasn't officially been released yet...We were lucky enough to score tickets to the sneak preview.

I guess all I can really say is that this movie is awesome! It will cause many people to want to be scuba divers, and it may scare away a few. You will see every diving cliche there is...Except no DIR divers...

All in all I definetely recommend this movie, and when it is released I suppose we will be able to discuss it in detail, but that will be then.

For those who haven't seen the preview, the gist of the movie is paul walker and Jessica Alba are scuba divers searching for wrecks/treasure.. they find more than they bargain for and there is much adventure, suspense and laughs.

Again, highly recommended!

Matt

I guess I'll catch it on limewire. I've been kind of wanting to see it. I think it'll be a good boost for the diving industry. I bet of the bandwagon divers that jump aboard only 20% will stay on but that's still a positive thing for diving. From the previews I can tell it's pretty unrealistic but it looks exciting that's Hollywood for ya.

robbcayman:
From the previews I can tell it's pretty unrealistic but it looks exciting that's Hollywood for ya.

I believe the comment I heard from a seasoned diver we were with was "they took every diving cliche there is, rolled it in to one and threw it at you." I really enjoyed it too. I'm sure it will frustrate some though.

Heck, I'll be paying so much attention to Jessica Alba I won't even notice the SCUBA diving-related errors in the film!

cnctina:
Is it is a remake of "The Deep"

I never saw "The Deep" but that is what someone told me. Jaclyn Bissett...something else...I don't know. :06:

I loved The Deep when I was a little kid. The green Moray was freakin' scary.

I have not seen that movie since I was probably 13 years old (1983). I wonder if it stands up to the test of time or looks really silly now.

matts1w:
I loved The Deep when I was a little kid. The green Moray was freakin' scary.

I have not seen that movie since I was probably 13 years old (1983). I wonder if it stands up to the test of time or looks really silly now.

there is nothing silly about Bisset diving with a white t-shirt on. that type of footage has timeless appeal....

humanFish:
there is nothing silly about Bisset diving with a white t-shirt on. that type of footage has timeless appeal....

Good point

I have the The Deep on DVD-yes it stands up...some good acting (Nick Nolte, Lou Gossett, Robert Shaw) nice location, good diving etc.

The ad on tv looks like a remake of The Deep...is it really?

Quick Deep plot synopsis...Nick Nolte and our gal Jackie are vacationing in Bermuda? Jamaica? anyway, they find a piece of jewelry on a wreck, along with mysterious ampules. Turns our there is a WW II ship with 1,000s of ampules of morphine on top of a treasure ship...etc etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom