DiveRite TransPlate Harness question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubautah

Registered
Reaction score
I purchased a DiveRite TransPlate Harness off of eBay. When it arrived I quickly noticed that the webbing on the two shoulder straps was significantly different. I tried to thread it to my backplate and there is barely enough to lace the right shoulder thru the plate and back thru the belt slide. The seller is claiming that the webbing has not been cut. I find that hard to believe. Can someone please tell me approximately how mech webbing there is on a TransPlate harness extending beyond the shoulder pad on a new harness?

Thanks,

Tom

I have my shoulder pad 2 1/2 inches from the backplate, then with the webbing woven through the plate I have 6 1/2 inches I bring back to the shoulder pad and run it through the elastic holder that is around the shoulder pad. Based upon what I am telling you and taking into consideration what is woven through the backplate there should be close to 10 inches of webbing, measured from the back of the shoulder pad. Go to www.diveriteexpress.com as they are very helpful and can give you an accurate measurement.

Ranger,

Thank you for taking the time to measure that and to reply. This information makes it very clear that the webbing has been cut significantly, as there is only about 4 inches of webbing extending beyond the right shoulder pad.

Tom

I have a size M/L and I have about 8 or 9 inches of webbing extending past the top of the shoulder pads.

If I understand you correctly, I have barely any extending beyond the shoulder pad on my DR Transplate Harness size ML. My harness barely makes it back to the top off the shoulder pad. I sometimes have to push the end into the top of the shoulder pad but it always comes out again. Perhaps a picture would help to make sure we are all talking about the same thing.

is this a continues harness or does it have the plastic q release on the left sholder?
if you go to OMS web site they have the directions on how to web up or harness.
www.omsdive.com

Back
Top Bottom