Anyone have a Coolpix 2000 w/ Ikelite 6182 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

devolution365

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of research trying to find a decent underwater camera setup for my first dive in the caribbean (vs the "caribbean of the midwest" ). I'm just starting to get serious about photography topside, but want something fairly simple, but "good" for underwater. I looked at quite a few setups, but with a budget of about $200 I didn't find anything that I really liked. Then I found out that there's a newly discontinued (but still available) housing for the Nikon Coolpix 2000 that we already own. I've taken some really nice shots with that camera in the past, and am extremely interested in bringing it under water, but I have some concerns that I can't seem to any info on. If anyone here has this camera setup, I'm wondering:

Ikelite's site for this housing says that all camera functions are available, but from the pic I'm wondering if this is really true?
  • Can I turn the camera on and off? (It burns through batteries REALLY quick!)
  • Can I change the mode (portrait, fast, macro) underwater?

Any other info is appreciated. This seems to be a rare camera, and reviews on the camera + UW housing seem to be non-existant!

For archival purposes:
I emailed Ike of Ikelite as someone on this forum suggested to me in another thread. He got back to me with the info, which I figured I'd post here for archival purposes...

Both the mode selector wheel on the top of the camera and the on/off switch are accessible on the Ikelite 6182 housing for the Nikon Coolpix 2000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom