Compressing Helium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am installing a continuous flow trimix system. Helium & Oxygen analyzers plumbed in.

At what point will the compressor overheat from compressing He? Mosy of my blends will be on the order of 14/50.

Does anyone know a resource or have personal experience with compressing Helium.

TIA

Jim Wyatt
Jim@reef-divers.com
www.reef-divers.com

Does anyone know a resource or have personal experience with compressing Helium.

Yep,

2 1/2 years running through my I-R compressor. I selected it because it has very good interstage coolers and cast iron heads because I was going to continuous blend Tmx.

My buddy has been running his through a Bauer K14 for just as long. Niether of us have had any problems. But both are set up to have a good airflow over/through them.

Uncle Pug has been doing the same with a RIX SA6 as well with no problems.

If you are worried about over-heating you can reduce the speed that the compressor runs at. OR add a fan/blower to move more air past the coolers.

Use a high quality synthetic oil if it is a oil-lube unit.

Is Scott building the setup now?

omar

I sure do appreciate the timely reply. Scott has shipped me the very nicely constructed blender and I am awaiting the He analyzer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom