Is Nitrox certifcation good to get for a new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBADOG82

Reaction score
Me and my wife just finished our open water ceritfication. The dive store we went through is offering a Nitrox certification for $50. if we take it with in 30 days. I was thinking it would be worth it so if we get into deeper dives or just want to stay longer under water we would be able to. Any thoughts on this?

Great price... do it.

Welcome to the board.
For $50 I would say take it. Even if you don't intend to use nitrox any time soon, the additional time spent using and understanding the tables would be worth it.

Great price, go for it. Note that Nitrox is not exactly for "deeper" dives per se, in fact it can limit your depth, but that's the stuff you will learn in the class.

yes

Yup.

That's 1/3 what I paid. Great price. Use the gas too.

Do it !!!
Opportunity is knocking . . .

the K

No skill refining required before this class. Its just additional theory and tables. Its probably better to take it right out of class while the air tables are still fresh in your head and before you get too dependant on computers. I know everyone doesn't rely on their comps or back them up with tables, but alot of people do... I've had to reteach several of my buddies about their tables, its amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom