Anyone Dived Moosehead Lake, Me.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

costi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I spent many winters overlooking Moosehead from a chairlift(skiing) but know very little about how to approach it from a diving point of view.
I have heard from someone who knows someone that dives there that it is a beautiful lake to dive. My only knowledge of Moosehead is tha it is too large to just take a shot in the dark at it. Does anyone have any experience with the lake or any ideas as to how to approach this dive that I am planning for this Fall?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Bob

costi:
I spent many winters overlooking Moosehead from a chairlift(skiing) but know very little about how to approach it from a diving point of view.
I have heard from someone who knows someone that dives there that it is a beautiful lake to dive. My only knowledge of Moosehead is tha it is too large to just take a shot in the dark at it. Does anyone have any experience with the lake or any ideas as to how to approach this dive that I am planning for this Fall?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Bob

I'm new on the Scubaboard.........soon as I figure out how to pm you I'll drop you a line. bob

Count me and my wife in as interested. I've heard of wrecks and artifacts from the logging days. I agree it's huge and you need some good idea where to go. Also lots of cylinders or a compressor, from what I know there is no LDS.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom