Red Sea - end of OCt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfelipe

Reaction score
Hello once again.
I have gotten so much info on this site, it has been most helpful.
I will be traveling from Los Angeles arriving into Tel Aviv on Oct 28th and plan to either rent a car or take a bus to Eilat and / or to croos over to Eqypt, perhaps Sharm. I have to be back to meet up with a tour on the evening of the 1st.
I am thinking a live-a-board, or who knows. I will be renting all my gear and want to dive Ras Mohamid for sure. I am Adv OW and just got Nitrox cert this past weekend at the Channel Islands - great vis for So Cal, 80'.

So I am looking for dive buddies and any tips I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Such as;
Transporataion - (does it make sense to rent a car ? bus ? fly ?)
Modest accomendations will do, ideas ?

I also read about a camel ride day trip to dive Gabr el-Bint, anyone have any thoughts. Not too many chances to ride camels in LA.

Thank you in advance,
Richard

The best way to get from Tel Aviv to Eilat would probably be by air. You could rent a car, but if you have never driven in Israel and don't know you way, it would take you about 6 hours to drive down.

Based on when you arrive and when you need to be back in Tel Aviv, a liveaboard is out of the question. Even going to Sharm would be pushing it.

However, if you just make it down to Eilat, you can do some nice shore diving in Aqaba, Eilat or Taba. Personally I reccommend Taba and Aqaba over Eilat. You can even do Dahab as a day trip from Eilat.

Hello Richard,
it seems you have only 29 - 31 October for diving. There is a little chance to dive Ras Mohamed and the Thistlegorm wreck from a liveaboard of the King Snefro fleet. They organize from time to time 3-day-safaris out of Sharm El Sheikh.
On their schedule, which I received this afternoon was not such a mini-safari planned. Ask Petra by e-mail: boats@kingsnefro.com to inform you, if she organize a short trip during your three days and has a free berth.
It would facilitate the matters of your travel, if you could arrive fro LA directly to Cairo or better to Sharm El Sheikh and go to Tel Aviv after diving. Otherwise you have the chance to dive from Eilat or Taba or Aqaba, like djkpsu recommended here before.
Ciao
Rembert

rfelipe:
Hello once again.
I have gotten so much info on this site, it has been most helpful.
I will be traveling from Los Angeles arriving into Tel Aviv on Oct 28th and plan to either rent a car or take a bus to Eilat and / or to croos over to Eqypt, perhaps Sharm. I have to be back to meet up with a tour on the evening of the 1st.
I am thinking a live-a-board, or who knows. I will be renting all my gear and want to dive Ras Mohamid for sure. I am Adv OW and just got Nitrox cert this past weekend at the Channel Islands - great vis for So Cal, 80'.

So I am looking for dive buddies and any tips I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Such as;
Transporataion - (does it make sense to rent a car ? bus ? fly ?)
Modest accomendations will do, ideas ?

I also read about a camel ride day trip to dive Gabr el-Bint, anyone have any thoughts. Not too many chances to ride camels in LA.

Thank you in advance,
Richard
Hi there, i live and work in dahab, would only take you an hour half max to get from taba border to dahab depending if they stop you at boarder control for long, good diving to be had here, caynon and Blue Hole. bus is cheap from Nuwieba. There are lots of camel safaris to do, accomadation in Dahab V. cheap if you stay in a camp, 15LE a night in sterling 1 pound 50. Even the house reefs are good, from here to sharm is 1hr 1/2 again. I would not hire a car as transport so cheap, israel is more expensive but as soon as you cross the boarder soooooooo cheap! gabrel bint good dive, most dive centres here do it may be pricey though.
Anyway best go good luck with trip
Not heard to many great storie re Eilat and Jordon dive sites, pretty much best here, like Eilat though, shopping good at least things have prices on them!!
Claire

Back
Top Bottom