First Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got a Used sealife Reefmaster bought it from *FLOATER* of these forums im very happy with the camera and cant wait to get out this weekend to take some pictures does anyone have any advice for a begginer?

Thanks

Which model did you get?

Brand0n:
Just got a Used Sea and Sea Reefmaster bought it from *FLOATER* of these forums im very happy with the camera and cant wait to get out this weekend to take some pictures does anyone have any advice for a begginer?

Thanks

Simple Advice:

1) Get close.
2) Get even closer
3) Repete above steps untill the frame is completely filled with your subject
4) Stay shallow where the sunlight is bright
5) Shoot lots of pictures
6) Be very critical of your own work

That's enough for now #6 is a the most importent step.

Your next posts to scubaboard should be question about how to correct things you are unhappy about with your photos. The more specific your questions the better advice you will get.

Brand0n:
I got the sealife Reefmaster and the camera inside is a 35 mm Selife reefmaster to.

Oh, so it is a FILM camera. One thing you might want to try is to have the film developed and scanned and don't bother to have prints made. If you can find a place to do this at reasonable cost it will be almost like having a digital camera. Just make sure the scans are decent resolution. 2000 x 3000 pixels would be ideal.

Then you can look at the images on a computer and "tweek" them using a photo editor. I use "gimp" (www.gimp.org) although many prefer to buy commerical software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom