New to Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiefseetaucher

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
How are you guys?

:D I thought I better say HELLO! :D

I am from Germany and moved to Orlando one year ago. I am 24 and I go to college here. I got certified about 4 weeks ago. What else, hmm? :06: I had a couple of dives so far, but I am already addicted.

I want to go to Blue Spring sometime next week. Does anybody wanna join? :D

I am also looking for a dive buddy, who wants to check out some wrecks or reefs!

Hi and welcome to SB. Your in the right place for diving! Check out Ginnie Springs when you get a chance, you'll love it.
Chris

You mentioned you go to college in Orlando, if you go to UCF, we have a big dive club. We usually go to the keys, west palm, and some springs.

Unfortunalty, I am going to Valencia right now "BUT" I will transfer to UCF next year in spring!

Thanks for the tip!

I appreciate it!! :05:

Hi
The Springs are fun to dive as I did some training at some a while back,Devils Den,Blue Grotto,Hal Watt's 40 Fathom's,Ginne Springs,Crystal River,,,, You can dive any day! Rain,Wind or most storms will not stop you!
But I'm Down over Thanksgiving for a week or so and you would be more than welcome to join me on a weekend Boat drift dive out of Boynton beach with,
www.splashdowndivers.com
they run a fun great boat and the drift dive on the reefs is a one sweet dive I look forward too all year!
Dive safe!
Heck time to go do a dive on Lake Michigan-Water at depth 41-50,Viz is 30' to 70' and we do have some sweet wrecks!
Brad

Welcome to the neighbourhood! You'll get in the swing of things here, just put your name down when a trip comes up in trips and happenings or start your own thread on a trip to get to meet/know people.

Is Ginnie Springs more than a one tank dive? Looking for a place to dive during Thanksgiving trip. Have two dive buddies, need a good place.

Ginnie Springs has a little baisin with a cavern called the ballroom(the only cavern you can take a light with in that park). I really enjoyed it.
Then there are two other springs which are better if you are a cavern or cave diver.
If you do all three springs you could use three tanks.

I would not recommend going there if you are not into cave or cavern. I was OW certified that time and I was a little bit dissapointed.

I heard Blue Grotto should be really good, if you are OW. You can check it out online
www.divebluegrotto.com

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom