needing less and less weight.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i have been racking my dives and have been diving almost every other week. have been experimenting with my breathing buoyancy, have been getting in shape and incorporated cardio/weights to my weekly regimen. in the last two months the weights i have been using have been getting less and less.

3mm wetsuit, warm tropical waters, al 80 tank. haclyon ss bp 6lbs

i started using 8 lbs excluding my lbs bp months ago, then dropped 2, then 2 then 2. now i just use the backplate for weight. have been using this for about 3 months but noticed after my DIR fundies a great improvement in overall buotancy and trim. but only recently have i noticed that bec of my healthy lifestyle and constant diving that i may be a little overweighted and have outgrown my ss bp. think its time to go aluminum and shed the 3lbs.

question is, what can i attribute this drop in weight to? is my buoyancy improving? am i more comfortable? dropping fat?? i want a scientific answer to my questions i am really curious. thanks.

Hard to say without knowing your physiology and how much your diving has improved before and after DIR-F.

I'm using 10lbs and have quite the beer belly with 3mm/hoodvest/gloves/ect, using only a simple BC.

Losing fat has a lot to do with it.

Blackwood:
Losing fat has a lot to do with it.

i only dropped about 2% bf and although it may contribute to the drop in 3 lb weight i dont think this is the only factor.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Hard to say without knowing your physiology and how much your diving has improved before and after DIR-F.

I'm using 10lbs and have quite the beer belly with 3mm/hoodvest/gloves/ect, using only a simple BC.

i still have my beer belly, no mater how much i get into shape one thing is contant my belly:(

I'm 5'10" and 220lbs if that gives any indication to the size of my beer belly :wink: :D I was suprised when I started using 10lbs affectively.

Your breathing and buoyancy are getting better. When I first started diving, I used about 8-10 lbs in my 3mm. Now I dive a 2lb AL BP and no additional weight in the same suit. Okay, the suit is getting a little compressed from use, but not that many lbs worth.

Congratulations on your "weight loss"!

Dive-aholic:
Your breathing and buoyancy are getting better. When I first started diving, I used about 8-10 lbs in my 3mm. Now I dive a 2lb AL BP and no additional weight in the same suit. Okay, the suit is getting a little compressed from use, but not that many lbs worth.

Congratulations on your "weight loss"!

feels good to drop some lead and find out that your still levitating fine doing your safety stops without rising to the surface:) simple joys in life...

I also dropped several pounds this year. I also discovered that with little to no weight, I'm not wasting any air in my bc. SAC rates are improving every dive. A Buddy of mine was sucking air down. He was diving really heavy. After some talking, he dropped his weights and SAC rate too. His SAC rate was cut by 2/3rds. Wow, what a free feeling when you have no air in your bc and all control is with your lungs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom