To be, or not to be...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crimson Fish

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I thought of a question today to ask at a place like this.

This is a place where those who love diving come to congregate, share their ideas, experiences, knowledge, etc..

So I was just wondering this:

How many of you are considering making diving a career, or perhaps are already in the professional diving arena?

Also, if you deciding to make it a career, what type of path do you plan on taking?

Divemaster for charter trips? Diving instructor? Dive Shop Owner and proprietor? Commercial Diving industry? Diving technology engineering? Diving Medicine?

I guess I'm just assuming that a lot of the people that come to a place like this enjoy diving, perhaps, just a little bit more than the average C-card and C-ya later!-type diver.

C~F

I'm already in the professional diving arena, but not full time. I couldn't afford to dive if I did it for a living!

Crimson Fish:
Hello everybody,

I thought of a question today to ask at a place like this.

This is a place where those who love diving come to congregate, share their ideas, experiences, knowledge, etc..

So I was just wondering this:

How many of you are considering making diving a career, or perhaps are already in the professional diving arena? (Not much longer)

Also, if you deciding to make it a career, what type of path do you plan on taking?(PSD)

Divemaster for charter trips? Diving instructor? Dive Shop Owner and proprietor? Commercial Diving industry? Diving technology engineering? Diving Medicine?

I guess I'm just assuming that a lot of the people that come to a place like this enjoy diving, perhaps, just a little bit more than the average C-card and C-ya later!-type diver.

C~F

Gary D.

Gary, for the ones here who haven't had an opportunity to peruse your countless yet interesting stories, you might have to elaborate a little more! :D

There are things that Make me money and things that Cost me money. I am not sure that I could handle diving full time, but it would be fun to think about.

Of course I spend most of the winter Snow ski racing (where it IS a competition!) so it would be difficult to dive full time year round.

Wristshot

I will be happy to be considered a good mentor someday by someone.

Pete

I am a full timer...and i have the credit card debt and empty bank account to prove it...:)

Mike Veitch:
I am a full timer...and i have the credit card debt and empty bank account to prove it...:)
I hope you are not looking for any sympathy? Your play ground sort of makes up for it. :D

Back
Top Bottom