LP BCD inflator hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leroy

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what length of LP inflator hose I will need for Zeagle Escape BCD. I am getting Apex reg and I’ve seen 26”, 28” and 32” hoses on sale. Which one I need?

Thanks,

Leroy

Your Zeagle BC should have come from the factory with a LP hose. Did you buy it used? On my Ranger it came with a 26" that was too long. I bought a 22" that works much better. The original was just too long and it stuck up over the rig.

I was told that Escape comes with 30" LP hose and most of the ppl who have it replaced the hose for short one. 30" seems too be way too long (the hose i mean). I do not have BCD now and i am gonna use rental this year. I am only buying Reg.

Thanks,
Leroy

You might consider waiting until you have the BCD before you decide on the length. After putting a tank on, it may fit you differently than somebody else which could affect the optimum length of the hose for you.

To dive with the new reg, I do need the hose, tho, even with rental BCD. Every diveshop i dove with has regs with LP inflator hose too short (most BCDs were Scubapro). I guess the safest way would be to buy 34" from Leisurepro and run it around the neck

Leroy

Originally posted by miesemer
You might consider waiting until you have the BCD before you decide on the length. After putting a tank on, it may fit you differently than somebody else which could affect the optimum length of the hose for you.

Back
Top Bottom