Welcome back after heart surgery, Joe!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
I can't imagine the courage it would take to get back in the water soon after heart surgery, but one of us has managed it! He's been doing a few quiet dives here and there, and is even planning a dive this weekend... if you've seen the chop (the big AquaZoo is bouncing around out there right now like a bobber) you can appreciate what that entails.

"Joe Jetski" (what I called him because his screen name was difficult to remember) is now "JRscuba" and is back to diving after most of the season off. Welcome back, Joe!

What's it like diving again after surgery?

Welcome back buddy!

Thanks Mike and Jenny.

I had a tumor on the upper lobe of my right lung. This was discovered in January, it was removed in March and have been trying to dive since then. It has not been easy going through a full season and not getting wet. About 3 weeks ago I finally got wet, did the balls in Pompano. Did them again the following week and still did not have much of a problem. It was, to say the least, a chore to get underwater. But once there, it was like I never left it. Stamina leaves a lot to be desired, coming back slowly.
Was going to do a 45ft dive today, it was called off due to the wind and the waves.

One of my goals is to get back to shore diving. That will come in time. I've missed everyone and will try and get to LBTS as my progress permits.

Until then, Take Care And Dive Safely.

Joe

JRScuba:
SNIP...I had a tumor on the upper lobe of my right lung. This was discovered in January, it was removed in March and have been trying to dive since then...SNIP... It was, to say the least, a chore to get underwater. But once there, it was like I never left it...SNIP... One of my goals is to get back to shore diving. That will come in time. I've missed everyone and will try and get to LBTS as my progress permits.
Oops, lung... heart... *whatever* lol... minor differences.

I take breathing for granted... not to mention "no surgery" keeping me dry.

So, no issues with the pressure changes on the lungs? Are you diving nitrox?

MikeJacobs:
Oops, lung... heart... *whatever* lol... minor differences.

I take breathing for granted... not to mention "no surgery" keeping me dry.

So, no issues with the pressure changes on the lungs? Are you diving nitrox?

At least it was in the right area.LOL

Yes, I took the Nitrox course back in June. Thought it might it might be a good idea. I've been using Fill Express so I won't have to get my tanks O2 clean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom