cooking barracudas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian T

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Guys...

Need a recipe here...what the heck do ya do with a ba-ba-ra-ra-cu-cu-da-da?

I already know that I can toss it on the BBQ but hmm...seems a little too easy...
any ideas?

Very good eating. We like to bake them. They can also be cut into chunks & deep fried. I've heard they grill well, but haven't tried that yet.

They're a very firm fleshed fish, very white meat. I think they could get tough if over cooked.

That is a real concern. Pretty safe up here, we have no coral. I'd be leery of eating a truly huge one here, as he might be an immigrant from further south.

The ones we can buy here are not really big about 2' long...

I don't really want to belittle the risk of poisoning but if we followed all gov't advice and stayed away from what could be potentially harmful... what a dreary life... and not for me...

Ian T:
The ones we can buy here are not really big about 2' long...

I don't really want to belittle the risk of poisoning but if we followed all gov't advice and stayed away from what could be potentially harmful... what a dreary life... and not for me...

refer to them as the mother in law fish....cook 'em up and feed them to your pesky mother in law to get her out of the way.

Gawd I'm out of the loop here. I've never even heard of eating those things. I could have killed a ton of 'em this summer.

___

Yum, grilled barracuda is my favorite fish in the Bahamas. Frying them is a travesty, unless very lightly fried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom