yet another newbie to AZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willrog85086

Reaction score
am almost settled (permanently) after move from MN (land of 10,000 lakes and 1000 times that fisherpersons who contribute lines and lures for divers to avoid!! but, alas, mostly poor viz for diving).... looking for local dive buddies and groups that travel to dive sites near and far. Am PADI AOW certified with specialty in wreck diving (trained in Lake Superior where there are many fantastic wrecks but water temps in the high 30's!! at 130 feet or so). I have 80+ dives under my belt since being certified nearly two years ago... so yes, am addicted. I've requested membership in the local yahoo group but wanted to let others know I'm "here".... My scuba board member name is outdated, as it lists my former zip code. Presently living in Anthem, but early retired and free to travel whenever.... Bill

Welcome to the 'Board, Bill.

The viz isn't that much greater here in AZ. The good thing is you can get to San Diego or San Carlos, Mx within 6-7 hours. You can also get up to Lake Mohave in about 3 hours.

I live in Tucson, but I head up to Phoenix area pretty much every month to dive Lake Pleasant, which isn't too far from you. The next time we'll be up there is Oct 31-Nov 2. We'll be camping at Desert Tortoise campground. Stop by and dive with us. We'll be diving during the day and a night dive each night. Just look for the big silver Chevy van. You can't miss it.

Check out my website (under my the first one under my sig) for information on local dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom