Nexus and Nikon F100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ligpo2001

Reaction score
Hi! I've been using an F70 and Ikelite housing. Its fine especially for macro except that the autofocus can be too slow. I'm planning to house an F100 and considering 3 housing options: Nexus, Subal, Seacam. I am still in the process of evaluation and need info about Nexus :confused: Is it true that Nexus Japan has stopped the development of its housing for the F100? :(

Hi there,I have using a NIKON F100 WITH A SUBAL N10 housing.It is amasing workmanship thats the difference and the price is justifable.Check-out:http:www.seaoptics.com
I find Seacam's workmanship excellent too,with its special leak absorption material clverly design and silver coating.However the price tag is debatable.I have not seen any Nexus physically and therefore no comments.
:)

Hi,

I am using Sea&Sea housing for F90X camera. I have not used any of those housings you mentioned but have played with them on land.

I must say that they are all excellent housing, the best to me is Seacam. If budget is not an issue, I will go for Seacam for its look and excellent design.

Liang

PS : I am not too sure if Nexus has a housing for F100

Nexus has a housing for the F100 that will come out soon. I've tried the prototype. It's very similar to the look and feel of the housing for the F90x series.

At the end of the day, all the housings will do the job. Make the decision based upon which equipment you can get parts and service for most easily. The other important factors (besides price) are bulk, weight, ease of handling. Nexus wins hands down in all these areas for me.

Cheers,

Tony
www.silent-symphony.com

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will keep note of them.
Meanwhile, I will wait for Nexus to distribute its housing so that I can make a complete comparison between brands. By the way, I love your work Tony! Looking forward to seeing more in the future:)

Hi,

I agree with Tony, I bought Sea & Sea housing because it is cheap and I can get it service here in Singapore.

Tony: Heard a rumour that you might have a book on more Wide Angle pictures soon, it that true? Sure hope so.

Liang

Ligpo:

Thanks for your kind words about my pix. It's great to know that you're seeing them over in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, the best place to get info on Nexus is Japan. The Japanese website www.anthis.co.jp has everything on it. It's in Japanese though, so you'll need to have a friend who can read it. Otherwise, you might try the Nexus USA dealer, www.usanexus.com.

I go over to see them in Japan a few times a year, so I'll try to post as soon as they give me news about the housing.

Liang:

I'm working on a few things now, but it'll take awhile. It took 6 years to get Silent Symphony out, b/c we wanted to ensure high quality...right now I'm concentrating on dolphins, and may try to complete a smaller project on dolphins first, before going through the effort of another major undertaking like Silent Symphony. I'm going to try to get a personal webpage together too, so I can post pix in the meantime from recent trips, and help answer questions for people in Asia.

Cheers,

Tony
www.silent-symphony.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom