10/4 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
[size=+2]Spotted Pufferfish[/size]
F5.6, 1/125, Inon D-180 strobe with diffuser
[size=-1]PS 7.0 adjustments - cropped/re-sized to 640 x 480, auto levels, unsharp mask[/size]
1.jpg

[size=+2]Redbanded Hawkfish[/size]
F5.6 Macro Mode, 1/100, Inon D-180 strobe with diffuser
[size=-1]PS 7.0 adjustments - rotated, cropped/re-sized to 640 x 480, auto levels, unsharp mask[/size]
2.jpg

[size=+2]Day Octopus[/size]
My "lil buddy" was out posing again for me today
F4.5, 1/100, Inon D-180 strobe with diffuser, Inon UWL-100 Wide Angle Lens
[size=-1]PS 7.0 adjustments - cropped/re-sized to 640 x 480, auto levels, unsharp mask[/size]
3.jpg

Very nice! I had to look at your profile to see what camera you're using and I was very happy to see that it's similar to the camera that I just bought (Olympus C-5000z). The joy quickly went away when I looked up the price of the strobe setup you went with. The on-camera flash and maybe a flashlight will have to do for me for now methinks.

Congrats again on the great photos. Your gallery is amazing as well.

-Erica

devolution365:
Very nice! I had to look at your profile to see what camera you're using and I was very happy to see that it's similar to the camera that I just bought (Olympus C-5000z). The joy quickly went away when I looked up the price of the strobe setup you went with. The on-camera flash and maybe a flashlight will have to do for me for now methinks.

Congrats again on the great photos. Your gallery is amazing as well.

-Erica

Thanks for the compliment.
You may want to consider this strobe for less money.
If you use manual white balance for your non-strobe shots you will get good results

Very cool! Thanks for the tips. That white balance thing will definitely save me some "experimentation" time. (And since my time in tropical waters is limited, that's worth a lot!)

-Erica

Very beautiful stuff as usual. Love the octo.

midwestdvr:
Your pics are great as usual. Does the diffuser on your stobe increase the coverage or does it soften the light?

midwestdvr
The diffuser decreases the light by -0.5 F stop or so Inon says. It definetly decreases the light as you move away from a subect. But it makes for a better photo when you are close to the subject as it spreads the light out more evenly and softens it.

Scubagolf:
Where off of Maui did you take those? Off a boat? Shore diving? Very nice photos, especially the Spotted Pufferfish.

I took those off the Kihei area at 60 feet diving from my kayak.

Very nice...i love the octo the best. since i've been diving in 13 yrs. + i've still not seen one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom