What a great day this turned out to be

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFrog01

Contributor
Reaction score
Well today I finally picked up all my new gear. Its been along time coming and I was blessed with a understanding wife................... :heart:

Scubapro 3mm EverFlex wetsuit
Scubapro KnightHawk (BCD)
Scubapro MK25/X650 (1st/2nd stage)
Scubapro R190 octo
Scubapro/Uwatec Air Z nitrox wrist computer
Scubapro Adjustable twin jet fins
Seac Sub X-one Mask (may be exchanging this for ScubaPro Fino mask)
Henderson Titanium hyperstretch boots/Gloves
Dive Alert
Deep see “Big Squeeze” knife

I’ll be putting my save-dive-kit together of the next few weeks, and hoping to get in the water this weekend. :scubadive

Next purchase will be an Nocturnal Canister light - TL50 Pro Rechargeable Dive Light

Sounds like a right nice package. Get in the water and enjoy!!

And after 8 or 10 dives, give us a report on how ya like it all, if you would.

theskull

theskull:
Sounds like a right nice package. Get in the water and enjoy!!

And after 8 or 10 dives, give us a report on how ya like it all, if you would.

theskull

I'll make sure and do just that. I must say that I'm very impressed with this gear right out of the box. It appears to be very well made. I went with scubapro primarily due to brand reputation. I can only hope that the gear will perform as well as my expectations. Safe diving everyone............peace

Quite a package - I love that reg! :thumb:

It's difficult to comment directly not knowing your dive history or location (see Dive Info and Profile) but I guess you already have a Safety Sausage and in case of surfacing out of air - a Storm Whistle?

DandyDon:
Quite a package - I love that reg! :thumb:

It's difficult to comment directly not knowing your dive history or location (see Dive Info and Profile) but I guess you already have a Safety Sausage and in case of surfacing out of air - a Storm Whistle?

Well as of yet I don't have a Safety Sausage, but I am planning on getting one. As for the whistle in the event that my Dive alert does not work, Scubapro does include a whistle on their BCDs. I've been a cert. diver for about 9 years. However, I have not been in the water in about 5 years so getting reacquainted with my gear and diving may take a little time.

I take it the shop had a special discount on scubapro gear :)

String:
I take it the shop had a special discount on scubapro gear :)

I wish this was the case, for some time now I have been looking into getting new gear and knew that I wanted Scubapro. I've never had any dealing with scubapro that was not pleasant. Customer service is great. I believe that the name speaks for itself.

I would still consider the louder Storm whistle over the flat grey one standard on the Knighthawk. It is bulkier though.

Edit: Sounds like a nice set of gear. Perhaps a change in handle to ScubaProFrog01 will be in order.

slingshot:
I would still consider the louder Storm whistle over the flat grey one standard on the Knighthawk. It is bulkier though.
Thank you! :thumb: That Storm Whistle is a very good one, far superior to the cheap flat one, yet - I don't see the slight bulk or the $7 as a problem. This is why you'll see me posting those thumbnails around the forums.

I've never used a fire extinguisher on an accidental fire (only practice) but keep them all over the house. :wink:

ScubaFrog01:
Well today I finally picked up all my new gear. Its been along time coming and I was blessed with a understanding wife................... :heart:

(snip)
Scubapro KnightHawk (BCD)
Scubapro MK25/X650 (1st/2nd stage)
Scubapro R190 octo
Scubapro/Uwatec Air Z nitrox wrist computer
Scubapro Adjustable twin jet fins
Seac Sub X-one Mask (may be exchanging this for ScubaPro Fino mask)

I would be interested in your feelings on the X650 as I have been looking into Scubapro regs.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom