West Palm Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver3523

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am planning a dive trip down to West Palm in late October, and I was wondering if anyone could possibly provide information on reputable charters (looking to do about 2 days of 2-tank diving) and possibly a night dive as well. I am thinking specifically in the West Palm area, with charters out of the area near the Breakers.

Also, what are some good sites to dive once I'm down there. I've read on various websites that there are some good sites located in the Juno Beach area (which I'm guessing is a short boat-ride north?). I've also read that there are some great shallow sites in and south of the Breakers area.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

diver3523:
I was wondering if anyone could possibly provide information on reputable charters (looking to do about 2 days of 2-tank diving) and possibly a night dive as well. I am thinking specifically in the West Palm area, with charters out of the area near the Breakers.

I like diving with Pura Vida Divers, but there are several others who are just as good. It all depends what kind of diving you want. Narcosis and Abernathy are also great to dive with.

Al

Thanks for the prompt response, I appreciate it! I would love to do a wreck and some drift diving...I live in Chicago these days and just want to get back in the water! I've dove with Starfish before - they are a great boat. I wanted to try a little north, as I hear the coral is bit more developed and I have a better chance of running into Sea Turtles (one of my favs).

Let me know if you have any sites that you recommend!

Thanks.

Scuba_Dad:
I like diving with Pura Vida Divers, but there are several others who are just as good. It all depends what kind of diving you want. Narcosis and Abernathy are also great to dive with.

Al

diver3523:
Thanks for the prompt response, I appreciate it! I would love to do a wreck and some drift diving...I live in Chicago these days and just want to get back in the water! I've dove with Starfish before - they are a great boat. I wanted to try a little north, as I hear the coral is bit more developed and I have a better chance of running into Sea Turtles (one of my favs).

Let me know if you have any sites that you recommend!

Thanks.

If you were a real man you would just throw your bathing suit on and dive Lake Michigan!!! :D

I also dove with Pura Vida, and they were a good company. I can't remember all the site names we hit, but turtles were definitely in great abundance (March 2004), as were good coral and barracuda.

Its funny you mention that, vel...I've logged over 300 dives in the beautiful waters of Lake Michigan, courtesy of my dry suit, of course. I've done sites in WI, IN and IL. Its actually my job that's kept me from the water lately :-(

I like the Reefs south a bit seems that Out of Boynton Beach the Reefs are with a bit more life ,The Starfish was a good dive,But out of Boynton I would dive with Splashdown,Great opp.
Man The diving in Lake Michigan this year has been Great with Great vis and only a weekend or two I could not get out on her!
Brad
Dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom